cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 gurus are useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was nearing to the end of my contract, only one month left and so I asked when I could change to a sim only plan. I was told that I could change one month earlier than the end of my contract date, only to later find out that this was wrong and I had been charged for the last month too.

I know when I signed up to the contract I agreed to pay the full 2 years and I'm not angry about this, it's just that I was misinformed by the o2 gurus(otherwise I would have waited until the end of the contract and not cancel early!!!) and o2 refused to accept responsibility for their employees mistakes, charged me as normal even after having proof that I was told the wrong information. I will be avoiding o2 from now on.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 guru...If ever a term was misused! 

You can only upgrade a month early, not change to sim only.

It's pretty basic stuff for an employee of O2 and o2 won't take responsibility for misinformation. 

If you feel strongly make an official complaint using the link at the foot of the page but the best you get is an apology I fear.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think anything will happen to be honest. When I spoke to another employee, they were fighting their case with "implied meaning" of the other employee that gave me the wrong information to try and make it partly correct. I mean seriously!? Implied meaning?! I can't believe this is allowed, if it isn't written explicitly then they are wrong end of...no implied meaning to anything.

Message 3 of 17

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If I didn't know and asked a 'guru' I would be livid, wonder what the qualifying criteria is to be classed as a guru? You will find half a dozen people on here far better informed tbh.

Message 4 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I think being an Indian Hindu helps.
Not meant derogatory towards the chat centre staff, I just think it's a wise master of the Hindu religion.
Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I think being an Indian Hindu helps.
Not meant derogatory towards the chat centre staff, I just think it's a wise master of the Hindu religion.

I remember you once applied but way way overqualified 

Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No, apparently I was not experienced enough.
Message 8 of 17

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Obviously I wore pumps at the time... Lmao
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'd still make the complaint official and ask for a months credit as compo http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 17