cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 forum timing out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've spoken to a few other members @Toby and it seems the forum is going down intermittently.
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noted.

You don't have a link do you referencing to the failure.

Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rang BT BoB and after selecting report a fault there was a recorded message saying about the problems and inviting me to call the bt status line. I did and bt via recordedv message explained the issues.
Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the heads up.
Message 13 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
There was a MAJOR Internet failure this morning affecting any isp using BT Backhaul but it has been sorted now.

Problem is Nick...I could get on every other site I use which is why I think it was O2 specific?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

And should have said I am with BT internet....it was ONLY this forum I was unable to access?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Sorry but that does NOT explain why it was only this forum (for me anyway)...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Cleoriff

The way the Internet works means different sites use different parts of the Internet.

For example I couldn't get on yahoo.com, goldengiving.com or funnily enough bt.com/help but I COULD get on Facebook lol.
Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
"In a statement, a BT spokeswoman said: "There were problems with our broadband service earlier today but these have now been solved. We're sorry for any trouble this may have caused."

She said engineers were investigating the cause of the problem but could not say how many users had been affected or whether the outage had affected all of the UK.

BT provides broadband to seven million UK subscribers.

She said some users could not access specific websites, while others could not connect to the internet at all."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/10932783/Thousands-affected-by-BT-internet-fault.html
Message 20 of 35