Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis wrote:
But there have been a few recently on here saying they were charged xx for a call they swore they didn't make.

True. It's only Vodafone mentioned in the press but ofcom are saying other networks involved..

Currently being discussed on The Wright Stuff. One suggestion was that you ring your network provider when you get this missed call. This will show that you couldnt possibly be on the phone to the 0845 number...as you were calling your network to report it.

After every 0845 number I receive a call from - I'd be onto CS all day long !!

I am only repeating what was said. It would work for me as I rarely get 0845 calls

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 49

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess a call to anywhere would have the same effect although still an inconvenience to the customer, as usual.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 49

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It would be so, so easy for a network to give customers the option of blocking 0845 etc numbers from a network level too, out or in.
Seriously, when was the last time an incoming call from 0845 number was Legit? Even most big companies that have 0845 will call you through a switchboard with local code
Message 34 of 49

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
True.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 49

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

MI5 wrote:

Maybe that is something that @Martin-O2 or @Toby can find out for us, before we get the standard CS response of "we haven't heard of any issues" ?

Hi @MI5 and everyone else, 

We'll ask the rest of the team about this and share any and all info we have available.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 36 of 49

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thank you Toby it worries me i could be charged for a number i havent rang.

@Toby wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Maybe that is something that @Martin-O2 or @Toby can find out for us, before we get the standard CS response of "we haven't heard of any issues" ?

Hi @MI5 and everyone else, 

We'll ask the rest of the team about this and share any and all info we have available.

Message 37 of 49

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We know some of you are concerned about recent news articles around another network's customers being charged for 0845/0843 calls that they didn't make. We have not heard from any of our customers that they've been charged for such calls that they hadn't made, so have nothing to suggest that we're affected by this. The network will continue to be closely monitored to keep an eye on this, but if you have any charges on your bill that you do not recognise, as always we’d welcome you to contact customer service who can talk you through your bill or charges in full > http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 38 of 49

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I will check the threads but a couple of customers on here have fallen victim to this.

Message 39 of 49

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Top of this page I put a link to one that sounded off
Message 40 of 49