cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new order

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgraded on Monday. Was told delivery today. Text yesterday to say dispatched. Text to say today order cancelled.phoned told order delayed by delivery agent. Nothing o2 can do to help. Poor poor service. Do I cancel and go elsewhere. Thoughts please

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If phone was dispatched you should have a tracking number on an email.
It isn't normal process to cancel an order due to "delay by delivery agent"
but if it has been just go elsewhere as you have nothing to cancel anymore.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Have you received a despatch email?

What does the order status say in My O2?

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Well this is another new excuse for a phone that probably wasn't in stock and O2 are looking for someone else to blame. Smiley Mad

There is no doubt @Anonymous should cut his losses and go instore and pick up a phone of his choice there....or even Carphone Warehouse (if Refresh isn't required)...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

To add...it would be interesting to know whether the OP paid any upfront costs for this cancelled order? if so he should be looking for a refund asap....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I would imagine that the OP had to pay up front. I've never heard of O2 sending out a phone that wasn't paid for prior to dispatch. The OP will, as you say, have to request a refund, unless the refund was automatically generated by the cancellation. The OP will have to check their account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Agree @Bambino  though they did say it was an upgrade? I could have upgraded with no cost had I chosen a certain type of phone. As it was, I had bought mine sim free elsewhere  so it didn't apply to me as I just went for a sim only tariff... slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It just sounds like another case of taking payment and not being able to supply goods. Usually the only reason for O2 to cancel would be due to a credit check. My O2 should show order status.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Order status is despatched. I did pay up front charges and apparently can't go to a shop until handset arrives and I refuse delivery. Told will be here tomorrow I have my doubts
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous ,
Did you finally receive your phone?
Message 10 of 10