cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just had a "early termination bill" £171.54 bill for a REFRESH contract!

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Well...as per subj....

It was a Refresh contract. I've paid off my device and cancelled it, as I was bloody entitled to.

I've already cancelled the relevant Direct Debit, but they better not try to attempt to collect it or damage my credit rating by doing so....

Thieving b.... pardon my Friench....

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

O2.png

O2_1.png

Message 2 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It's a regular screw up of the system that doesn't appear to recognise the fact that you were on refresh when the airtime cancellation has gone through.
This issue has been affecting some people for the past 2 years so it should be sorted by now!
You'll have to talk to CS to get the issue corrected manually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 26

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

It's happened to a few people who have paid off the device plan. You will have to speak to customer service to get this cancelled. 

Message 4 of 26

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's happened to a few people who have paid off the device plan. You will have to speak to customer service to get this cancelled. 

I'm on the phone with CS as we speak. They seemingly are sorting it out, but the point stands: that should not happen. Especially, as some said here, for 2 years.

Message 5 of 26

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 6 of 26

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:
but the point stands: that should not happen. Especially, as some said here, for 2 years.

In a perfect World, that would be true, but you've been around long enough to know O2 is far from perfect wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 26

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

In many cases the poor customer has had the money debited and it can take 10 days to get it back.

Message 8 of 26

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@cyrillicguy wrote:
but the point stands: that should not happen. Especially, as some said here, for 2 years.

In a perfect World, that would be true, but you've been around long enough to know O2 is far from perfect wink

It's the "some are more equal than others" thing that gets to me the most. I mean, how much could me, you or any other member of public get away with the "sorry, I've done that in an error..." excuse? Like picking up something in a supermarket and "forgeting to pay" for an instance. Not that I'd want to do anything like that, but still...

Hell, I somehow think that not all the businesses would walk away scot-free should they start sending people the "you owe me money" requests a.k.a. bills for services that they did not provide let alone attempts of collecting money from bank accounts.

Yet, when a big company does something similar, it's all different story. "It was a genuine error" you see, "cause it's not a perfect world" (not having a go at you here at all @MI5, just using that expression)...

Message 9 of 26

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
100% valid points mate, I'm so cynical these days that nothing surprises me any more though wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 26