cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignoring the hype: how easy is it to get iphone 6s with O2?

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's 1:56 pm and I just thought I'd get an iphone. But no one can get through or get one.
So lets try.
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see John Lewis have started selling phones now. I think they'll do well, particularly with their click and collect service, as there's none of the usual worry about couriers letting you down.

And they're all unlocked, and come with a two year warranty as standard, even iPhones. wink

Message 31 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Are you saying the new iPhones are unlocked @Anonymous?

Have you a link to this information.? All sounds very good..... if the prices are reasonable.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mind you, I've just noticed this explanation in their website regarding the iPhone:

"Please note: iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards."

Sounds a bit like CPW in that respect. Smiley Indifferent

Message 33 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the link:

http://www.johnlewis.com/new-apple-iphone-6s-ios-4-7-4g-lte-sim-free-16gb/p2185306?colour=Space

You have to scroll down to read "product information" to find out more details.

Edit: to fix link.

Message 34 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Here's the link:

http://m.johnlewis.com/h5/category?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnlewis.com%2Felectricals%2Fmobile-phones-accessories%2Fc60000469&rdr=1

You have to click on "product information" to find out more details.

Thanks for that @Anonymous I will have a good look later....but the 2 year warranty sounds good. I wonder how they could 'over-ride' Apple with their 1 year policy though.?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 46

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

At a glance the prices appear to be consistent with those of Apple.  I've just had a quick look at the iP6s+, 128gb and the prices are indentical, however out of stock on all colours and sizes including the iP6s.

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 36 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had an interesting chat with their customer services, regarding their iPhones locking to the first network sim that's inserted. They seemed genuinely surprised that they're not truly unlocked, and have promised to get further clarification.

If it does prove to be the case though, then I think they've missed a real opportunity, because there's no real incentive to buy from them, rather than the Apple Store. The extended warranty on its own wouldn't swing it for me, that's for sure.

I'll keep you posted. wink

Message 37 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Same parent company sharing stock, no surprise on lock policy.
Message 38 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Actually no its not, dunno why I thought that. ..
Message 39 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The 2 year warranty would sway me if the prices were the same. I would want to know for sure who actually was covering year two of it though...It certainly wouldn't be Apple

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 46