cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignoring the hype: how easy is it to get iphone 6s with O2?

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's 1:56 pm and I just thought I'd get an iphone. But no one can get through or get one.
So lets try.
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
JL apply their own warranties and are usually a fully no quibble one.
I know someone who took a 3 year old TV back (5 yr warranty) and it was exchanged on the spot.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 46

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Iphones....designed to last a year until the next release. I still find it unthinkable that Apple get away with a 1 year warranty. Good on JL but you still have the problem of unlocking and the respective operators terms and conditions. 

Message 42 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122910 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
JL apply their own warranties and are usually a fully no quibble one.
I know someone who took a 3 year old TV back (5 yr warranty) and it was exchanged on the spot.

That does sound good then Rich...if only JL had them in stock....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've opened a can of worms by contacting JL's customer services, because my local store is only a couple of doors away from the Apple Store, and presumably they're taking a lot of sales from them (particularly if they've got more stock of a particular model). But unless you shop online it's not made clear that their iPhones aren't truly unlocked, and I don't think all sales staff are aware of that fact. The guy I spoke to certainly wasn't, and although it's still early days for them, I think they've got a few training issues to address.

BTW I'm not going back to Apple, but I couldn't resist hearing that sales patter one more time. wink

Edit: to add clarification

Message 44 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mind you, I've just noticed this explanation in their website regarding the iPhone:

"Please note: iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards."

Sounds a bit like CPW in that respect. Smiley Indifferent

Seems wierd quoting myself Weird

Anyway, that extract has now been removed from their website. I've had a fair amount of conflicting advice on this issue, but I believe I now have a definitive answer. John Lewis are in partnership with Vodafone, and are in selected stores offering handsets on a pay monthly contract. However, any handset that is advertised as being "sim free" is fully unlocked.

This link includes the amended version of the relevant product information.

Message 45 of 46

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 46 of 46