cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Delivery Update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

Is anybody actually getting any update from O2 with the new iPhone delivery status?

I have been on chat server all times and been getting told different stories.

I have been told they will keep an eye on my account and let me know what is happening.

First of all I never received a text to say there was any delay, secondly on the chat they said they will text me with updates but haven't even received anything.

There is a lack of communication, being a loyal customer doesn't stand for anything with O2 at the moment because there are so many different stories at the moment.

Please tell me your thoughts on the lack of organisation by Apple and O2?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Forhad1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
First time posting. I ordered my device for click and collect and on my 02 it says the order has been dispatched on Friday 166) and bizarrely provides a parcel ID and courier company as DPD. The tracking number does not work, not even sure why they are displaying parcel ID for a click and collect order. O2 advise dispatched 16th September and expect delivery on 23rd. Not sure why it would take so long to deliver using DPD to store. Possibly something fishy going on.
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am appalled with the lack of servive from O2. They seem to lie repeatedly, telling me story after story but never actually doing anything to help

I have not had a single text or email with updates and have had countless conversations with Chat and via 020 being told different things that don't help at all.

I hope this phone is worth it as O2 certainly are not

Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Just lies lies and more lies. Have raised a complaint now. I so badly want to go to another network but don't think that would get me the phone any quicker.. and in my experience all of the network providers are the same - just appalling service. My complaints goes:

Hello.

I would like to raise a complaint and for it to be taken through your normative complaint resolution procedures.

My device number is: XXXXXXXXXXX and my complaint relates to order, id: XX-XXXXXXXX

For context and clairity I will offer a brief outline of the narrative for how my dissatisfaction occured and then the main points I would like addressed.

I placed an upgrade order for the iphone 7 plus 256gb on 9/09/2016, for which I paid £60 upfront. At the time of the order I was informed that the device would be with me within 2 weeks (that there was a 2 week waiting time) however I would get regular updates along the way. As I had not received any information regarding the order by the 19/09 I decided to check with the o2 chat service to see how the order was progressing. On this session an operative by the name of **** explained to me that my order was due on the 16/09 however there had been a 4 day delay, as such I would receive an email on 20/09 that will include dispatch details that would allow me to track my order. With this I asked if the order would be with me on the 21/09 to which **** did not reply to a negative but restated that my delivery details would be sent out on the 19/09

Understanding that this would likely mean that my order would be delivered the day after - as the agent **** had said there was a 4 day delay and that I would receive the dispatch details on the 20/09 I made the logical assumption that it would indeed arrive on 21/09 - as such I moved some meetings with clients to ensure that I could be at home all day so as to not miss the delivery. The email on the 20/09 did not come on the date as promised and of course neither did the phone on the 21/09.

Knowing this would be the case I called the customer services department on the morning of the 21/09 so as to discuss why I was told that my order was due on the 16/09 and that there had been a 4 day delay and that I would receive an email with delivery confirmation on the 20/09. The first operative I spoke to named **** could not answer these questions however she did arrange for me to be called back by a complaints advisor. With this I asked O2 if they could email the transcripts of the web chat I had with **** and she said she could.

My call from a complaints advisor came shortly afterwards (approx 12:15 pm 21/09) from a person called ****. **** advised me that she doesn't know why I was told the information by ***** as it wasn't true, and what I should have been told was that an update info text/email was due to be sent on the 20/09 but is now due on 22/09. **** informed that she would pass my comments back and that was all she could do for me. When I asked how o2 will recompense me for my lost time and inconvenience she said o2 could not do that (a point that becomes important later) and that it is not their fault that I rearranged my scheduled based on the information from ***** - even though I explained to her the nature of the chat and the fact that she was reading the transcript at the time. I then informed ***** of the fact that **** had promised to email me transcripts of the chat with **** and that I hadn't received them yet - **** informed me that they will not send them and very poorly, with no instructions on the functions, explained that I have to request this information some how (which is strange as that is what I thouht I was doing).
I informed **** that I wasn't happy with this service and asked her why I should be an o2 customer - she said that it wasn't her job to convince me to be an o2 customer and that it was up to me where I took my business. All in all the call with **** is one of the worst customer experiences I have ever had and I am now very close to choosing to take my business elsewhere.

So the issues I need addressing and the questions I need answering are as follows:

• Why was I told at the point of sale that I would receive my order in 2 weeks if you did not have the physical stock to meet this promise?
  • Why is it not clear at the point of sale whether the 2 week time frame starts from the point of order or the point of the device release date?
  • Why had I not received any information as to the status of my order, over 1 week after ordering - which left me to take the initiative and contact you to check?
  • Why did the advisor named **** tell me that my device was due for delivery on 16/09 and that it had been delayed by 4 days?
  • Why did the advsor named **** tell me that I would receive delivery notification on 20/09?
  • Why did the advisor named **** not explicitly give a negative response when I asked if I would receive the device on 21/09?
  • Why did I not receive the promised notifications on the 20/09?
  • Why did your advisor named **** tell me that she could email transcripts of chat if she couldn't?
  • Why would the advisor named **** not send me the transcripts when I requested them?
  • Why did the advisor named **** not take responsibility and aknowledge the fact that the misinformation from o2 has casued me significant inconvenience?
  • Why did the advisor named **** tell me that o2 could not recompense me for any time lost or inconvenience, when another customer with a similar issue had received a credit on their account after making a similar complaint? (a fact I discovered only this evening after looking through o2 community forums. see: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Iphone-7-deliveryy/m-p/1000554/highlight/...

I would appreciate a speedy response to m issues here as it may well be the deciding factor as to whether I continue to be an o2 customer. I feel completely let down by the customer service and that I have been lied on at least 2 occassions.

From this I expect a detailed explantion as to my points above and further detail on how o2 are going to compensate me for my lost time, inconvenience and how o2 plan to repair this fractured relationship to ensure you retain my business.

Regards.

Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered on the 9th, was promised the phone on launch 16th.... still nothing. Called customer services 3 times this week and every time I get promises of text or email updates... nothing.. I understand it's a popular phone and there is a shortage. What really grinds my teeth is the promises of updates and delivery dates which simply do not happen. I am happy for the few who have their device but there are 10s of thousands of us still in limbo. On Apples supply part is a disgrace, on O2s customer service side it's a complete shambles and no one is taking ownership. Not apple or o2.
They are earning interest on all the money they have taken from us and not delivered on their promise. Total mess all round.
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

As this thread has gone quiet I presume these people have now got their phones?

Sadly, I don't (JB 128) even though I ordered on the 9th albeit at 5pm-ish and I have had zip contact from O2...to compound it all I traded my 6 in and have had to use my partners 5 which she kept (thankfully) but I would have been without a phone for nearly a month now.  Believe me, using a 5 even after a 6 is not good.......plus they have had my deposit for a month too!

Come on O2 lets be a bit more transparent on updates please.  I notice EE have issued another announcement today and even offering customers to swap phone colour/size (that they do have in stock) should they wish too.

15 years a customer and service is going down the pan.....

Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usual story from O2 each and every year - I'm still waiting for the same phone with no indication of delivery but for once I'm not that bothered, very happy with my 6 and there is little difference especially now I've updated to iOS 10. Slightly frustrating that my local store has the phone in stock though!

Message 26 of 26