cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 edge to edge screen protectors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got a tempered glass edge to edge screen protector installed on my phone yesterday (it being cheap and good service on holiday I'd be foolish not to get it done as my Zagg invisible shield chipped badly on its own...) has anyone else used these sort of screen protectors and noticed dust trapped under at the edges of it?!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Morning @Anonymous 

I have no experience of these protectors....fingers crossed I haven't felt the need as my Note is in a case and that seems Ok for me.

My son had one installed on his iPhone and then removed it as he felt the screen was less responsive with it on (obviously this was his personal opinion)

Are you still on holiday in Hong Kong? Is this where you had the protector installed...as you say it was cheap? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Zagg screen protectors have lifetime warranties if it was registered when purchased.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Zagg screen protectors have lifetime warranties if it was registered when purchased.

I wasn't aware of that @Bambino  I knew they were very expensive though so it does seem to make sense..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Dust under screen protector edges are common when the edge of the screen is curved.
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I prefer to get them fitted by the store. I had one done at a phone store in Thailand by a young lady who was very proficient, still on the phone now with no signs of dust. Sensitivity is just fine and it cost the equivalent of just £2.00 for fitting.

Message 6 of 13

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

These protectors are useless imo unless good quality. I bought one (cheapish) and within 3 days it had shattered. It didn't like being put on my pocket. So I've decided to have the seal skin screen protector. They work and have a certain amount of waterproof to them as well.

Charlie.

Message 7 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

I believe all screen protectors are waterproof.

Message 8 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
That was a joke btw, but does lead to today's useless fact of the day.

Oleophobic (oil, fingerprint and water repellent) screen protectors can actually damage some phones.
The natural position of rain on a flat surface is to adhere to the surface where it will sit until wiped or drie. with oleophobic coatings, the water cannot grip to the surface and will move to the edge of the protected surface. while doing this, it gathers up greater volume by joining other water deposits and will, upon reaching the edge of the protector, pool into any gaps on the new surface it reaches.
Problem is, this pooling can lead to the water getting into the speakers or, if very unlucky, the display itself.
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions