cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad & people with learning difficulties=success

Anonymous
Not applicable
As some of the regulars know, I have learning disabilities, I myself do have some ability greater than others with learning difficulties. Most of my friends or people who have them including myself have found the iPads to be of value. The apps & games can help with the sensory, feel, & simple games & drawing apps, improves lives greatly. It is very good for people like me, everyone I know has an iPad &'has improved them in their lives with something that they can all use. Kudos to apple on this
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this just iPads or tablets in general?

Granted they (Tablets) are a great addition in any household but as proven by yourself have a use outside and above what they were originally produced for.

This I suppose has a lot to thank the app developers for.
Message 2 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very positive to hear that's great slight_smile
Message 3 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just iPads as haven't heard of any other tablets that are as useable
Message 4 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There was something on the news in the week about children with autism using various tablets to help them in their learning.
There are various apps available to both Android & Apple platforms http://www.iautism.info/en/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't realise there were so many apps out there cheers guys my nephew is autistic it would be great for him to use my iPad to help with his disability slight_smile
Message 6 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

this should get noted by people as it grants them more scope & help in their lives a bit more

Message 7 of 38

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I hadn't even considered this. Might buy it for my uncle who I suspect of some form of autism.

Nice to see such a wide variety of apps though:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 8 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
It definitely hadn't come to apples think tank about this when they originally designed the iPad
Message 9 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this, Stuart. It'd be great if you (and indeed anybody who has any direct or indirect experience) could share tips and useful apps slight_smile

Message 10 of 38