cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Air Promotion

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had an email from O2 the other day promoting the iPads on Refresh waiving the £99 upfront cost. So decided to opt in for 2! (One for me, one for the wife so no conflict lol).

Only went for the 16GB iPad Airs with cellular. But thought I'd drop a note to say how pleased I am with them and the service from O2 in obtaining them. Quick, easy and painless.

Yes, I have 4 contracts now. 2 Note 3's and 2 iPads. But definitely worth it and glad I went for iPad with cellular!

I can't understand those who slate Tu Go either. When you use it on a separate device to your phone (like it was designed) it works like a dream!
Message 1 of 125
124 REPLIES 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contacted customer service and offered a good will gesture of 1 months airtime credited to my account, which is great, and was assured I should receive my iPad Air as soon as possible, which is probably as helpful an answer as how long is a piece of string? Surely O2 are aware if how much stock they need and when they will receive it. I suppose the proof will be in the pudding when I finally receive my ipad, although I will definitely be more wary of O2 offers in future.
Message 71 of 125

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 72 of 125

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for updating on your situation wraggadam and sorry to hear how this has gone.

For those still confused by their order situations, my offer on post 57 of a PM conversation still applies.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 73 of 125

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Hopefully there is some official word on the situation from somewhere at some point at least informing us when we can at least expect parcels, particularly as I will probably have to book a day's leave off to wait in (and hope to god it turns up when it should!)

Thanks All,

Message 74 of 125

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Adam.

I don't think that would come from here tbh with this being a customer to customer based forum.

You would be better following the official routes via Customer Service and if needed the compliant procedure here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

I hope you receive your iPad ASAP.
Message 75 of 125

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You would be better off calling the courier company with your tracking number (once you receive it) and they will be able to confirm delivery details for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 76 of 125

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again,

I was just wondering, is it possible to contact a store that would have this in stock and just collect from instore?  Or would the order need to be cancelled, and reprocessed in the shop, hence losing out on the offer?

Message 77 of 125

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've asked that before and someone tried and they were turned away as they would have to pay the upfront fee.

Apparently some existing customers got a special deal with no upfront fee to pay

If You didn't get that deal then yes you could cancel and try the O2 store - asking first if they themselves have them in stock.
Message 78 of 125

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It wouldn'y help from what we have seen before. They may say now you are no longer eligible. I would stick to seeing your original one through...as frustrating as that may be...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 125

BozMorris
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was told by Customer Complaints to get one from a local store and they would refund the upfront fee later. I was surprised they wouldn't do it for me, I had to do it all myself.  Trouble was, all my local stores were out of stock as well.

Message 80 of 125