cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Air Promotion

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had an email from O2 the other day promoting the iPads on Refresh waiving the £99 upfront cost. So decided to opt in for 2! (One for me, one for the wife so no conflict lol).

Only went for the 16GB iPad Airs with cellular. But thought I'd drop a note to say how pleased I am with them and the service from O2 in obtaining them. Quick, easy and painless.

Yes, I have 4 contracts now. 2 Note 3's and 2 iPads. But definitely worth it and glad I went for iPad with cellular!

I can't understand those who slate Tu Go either. When you use it on a separate device to your phone (like it was designed) it works like a dream!
Message 1 of 125
124 REPLIES 124

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I had a feeling that would be the issue unfortunately 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 125

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've not been in my local O2 store for a while so I'm wondering if these are available as a walk out with item.

If so you could cancel the online order and wait a few days for the cancellation to complete ,and open a new one in-store, checking they have them in stock first of course.

slight_smile
Message 22 of 125

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
This is happening all too regularly just lately 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 125

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

We have said previously that stock should be 'live' and updated as soon as units are sold. If people were made aware a device is out of stock they can make a conscious decision whether to wait or seek the device instore.

Message 24 of 125

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could akin this to how an airline overbooks a flight incase someone doesn't turn up.

O2 like I'm sure other Networks do will continue to take orders on devices they may have not got stocking levels for. 😞
Message 25 of 125

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Except that there is always another flight in a couple hours time.......

Currently using:
Message 26 of 125

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

mnn...not really, you don't have to show up, you are dependent on O2 delivering.

Message 27 of 125

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes and there's always that next batch of deliveries due in.

To get back on topic I would reiterate to the Op to check with their local O2 shop if they don't want to wait.
Message 28 of 125

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Whatever route the OP takes, it is still getting more and more frustrating that people order online in good faith and then wait...and wait...and wait..

I always shop online and most places update their stock levels regularly. If it is out of stock that item shows as being just that...

A bit of a scam for any company to take your deposit or full payment  knowing the item bought is not available at the time of purchase Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 125

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Unfortunately it's not aways just a case of cancelling the order and going instore for your purchase. Much easier said than done. O2 have your money and it can take anything from a week to two weeks to get your money refunded after cancelling. Not too many people can go and buy a £500 phone until they get the original outlay back.

Granted it's different if there is a minimal upfront cost but the point is that customers should know before O2 take payment.

Message 30 of 125