cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc one

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so I got my HTC one on the 12th February and had to send it back 20 days later because it wasn't charging, I spoke to an advisor and was assured I could receive a completely different phone to stop the problem again as I wasn't happy that it had broken this soon after getting it. When I went into the shop this was a different matter. They sent it off it was repaired within a couple of days and then a few days ago the charging port has messed up again.

Not happy sorry for the rant
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

This is an interesting and informative help thread ;

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exten...

In your first post you said that you "spoke to an advisor and was assured I COULD receive a completely different phone" @halowarrier

So it reads to me that they didn't promise a new handset. 😞

Let us know how you get on.

Message 14 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's not good at all we always advise going to the manufacturer as O2 repairs are known to be not very good you should have been entitled to change the phone or get a refund you may wish to consider a complaint pointing out what you have been told you could do
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's 14 days for an exchange on faults Damien, after that it's off for repair. After 3 repairs you can do an exchange.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's o2s policy wanty not the law the sale of goods act is in place and under 30 days you would be entitled to an exchange or refund
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Electrical items is a year
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's actually longer than that but within the first six months the law is on your side and certainly within 20 days
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The thing I'm most annoyed at is the fact one minute I was told I would be able to change my phone on the online chat and in the store it was a completely different story
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 live chat is not recommended on here they are not great I would try cs on 202 if no joy make a complaint and don't let them fob you off
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's resonable time for a refund, there is no stipulation in SOGA on how long this time may be.

In the first 6 months the onus is on the seller to prove it it not at fault and they have to either repair or replace, it is up to the seller which it is.

48BRepair or replacement of the goods

(1)If section 48A above applies, the buyer may require the seller—

(a)to repair the goods, or

(b)to replace the goods.

(2)If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must—

(a)repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer;

(b)bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

(3)The buyer must not require the seller to repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods if that remedy is—

(a)impossible, or

(b)disproportionate in comparison to the other of those remedies, or

(c)disproportionate in comparison to an appropriate reduction in the purchase price under paragraph (a), or rescission under paragraph (b), of section 48C(1) below.

(4)One remedy is disproportionate in comparison to the other if the one imposes costs on the seller which, in comparison to those imposed on him by the other, are unreasonable, taking into account—

(a)the value which the goods would have if they conformed to the contract of sale,

(b)the significance of the lack of conformity, and

(c)whether the other remedy could be effected without significant inconvenience to the buyer.

(5)Any question as to what is a reasonable time or significant inconvenience is to be determined by reference to—

(a)the nature of the goods, and

(b)the purpose for which the goods were acquired.

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes point one says you can ask for a replacement and the seller has to do it reasonable time would certainly be 20 days
Message 10 of 14