cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just received my o2 bill today which was £309 my usual bill is around £35 and on further investigation I seems my son has been buying stuff using my phone bill to pay for it. Would o2 let me pay it in instalments as I can't afford to pay it all at once. I understand it is my responsibility to pay the bill but I just cant afford that all at once.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to discuss your options with CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Good luck and hope all goes well for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to discuss your options with CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Good luck and hope all goes well for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Speak to O2 to see if they'll allow a repayment programme.

Also ask them to disable the service called ' Charge to Mobile (Direct to Bill) '

"Charge to Mobile (Direct to Bill) is a new way to buy all things digital with your mobile. We’re making it faster, easier and safer to get the things you want from the merchants you like. Everything from games, music and videos to films, ebooks and apps, - if you’re on Pay & Go, we’ll take the cost from your credit, if you’re Pay Monthly, it’ll go on your mobile bill.

If a customer doesn’t want to use this service we can add a bar to the account at the customer’s request. We can also add the bar as part of debt prevention.

D2B bars can be put on got any C2M customer – either automatically for customers by CMS if they go over spending or into treatment (PAYM customers) or at the customer (account holder’s) request – both PAYM & PAYG"
Message 3 of 6

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Ouch but good on you for saying it is your responsibility to pay and not just blame the company. You have earned my respect. Sadly this doent help with the bill but we all live and learn. Deactivate the feature as mentioned above. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Just read this. I expect it was a real shock when you got the bill!

All the advice given is fine and hope it gets sorted. A mum of two sons myself...I might add that probably your son has had his Christmas present now. Probably not going to be much under the tree for him:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful to see all of the support from you guys!

Message 6 of 6