cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

had terrible service from february last year

Anonymous
Not applicable

im paying for a phone that has no service most of the time since feb 2013 ,still terrible service but 02 says its fine,even changed sims but no use,feel ripped off.....im in lockerbie area anybody else getting this terrible service...02 used to be great until i moved here....time to part company after 6 years with 02.....

Message 1 of 51
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

More and more reports comimg these days about O2 connection issues from all over the country. If your local masts are showing as ok and others in your area are having no problems on O2 it may be worth getting the phone checked out by Apple.

Otherwise, as you say, try some other networks for coverage by getting free P&G sims.

Get your phone unlocked free before you leave O2 if you are pay monthly. Link in my signature.

Message 4 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Check your service status http://status.o2.co.uk

Download the mynetwork app to report the masts if they are showing fine and no planned maintenance is happening.

A good self help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev... it's mast congestion then their isn't much you can do I'm afraid.
Message 2 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add even tho the network covers themselves by saying they say the service isn't available everywhere and isn't fault free they have even known to give a GwG to cover down time.

Speak to Cs on 202 contract or 4445 payg or fill the complaint form out found at the bottom of the forum page
Message 3 of 51

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

More and more reports comimg these days about O2 connection issues from all over the country. If your local masts are showing as ok and others in your area are having no problems on O2 it may be worth getting the phone checked out by Apple.

Otherwise, as you say, try some other networks for coverage by getting free P&G sims.

Get your phone unlocked free before you leave O2 if you are pay monthly. Link in my signature.

Message 4 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely no point me adding anything. But one thing....what really gets me is the lack of acknowledgement that there are issues. My worst mobile experience ever.

Message 5 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
In most cases the issue is with data, not calls or texts.

Where this is the case the issue is not signal it is transmission capacity (or lack of it) which is causing the problem. Too much demand and not enough capacity.
Message 6 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two weeks on, no response regarding the unlock code - still they do give themselves 28 days...demonstrates the priority given to existing customers with issues - though its probably quicker than trying to get through to customer services from a landline...  

Message 7 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chris

The unlock code comes via the handset manufacturer so o2 are likely to be waiting on them
Message 8 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

agree. it is the lack of acknowledgement that is so frustrating. If our service hasn't resumed by the end of my contract - which is a long time away, so there is time to redeem themselves, I shall certainly be leaving 02 after years and years with them to find another provider. And I cannot be alone in feeling this way. 

Message 9 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Beach

No sadly you're not alone regarding the current situation.

I hope this does get better for you.
Message 10 of 51