cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forever waiting for someone to answer....

Anonymous
Not applicable

So tired of waiting for an o2 agent to pick up.  

I've been on hold for 20plus minutes each time i have tried to call yesterday and today.  Tired 3 times in total.  It's not possible for me to sit endlessly on hold.

I was planning to upgrade and renew my contract, but am now thinking of leaving.

Terrible customer service.  What is going on?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone has been laid off, it seems.
Early mornings, 8.00 - 8.30am are best times to call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone has been laid off, it seems.
Early mornings, 8.00 - 8.30am are best times to call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
O2 customer service is always busy during the daytime, the best time to reach them is between 08:00 - 08:30 in a morning, you'll usually get through almost straight away.

Sadly it is just how it is today, no doubt reduced staff but increase in customers calling means longer calling times.

If you are looking to upgrade, it is usually best to visit an O2 store as you can leave with your phone there and then (if you live near one)
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Go instore mate,  no hassle,  no stress,  no money taken when the device is not in stock and walk out with a new phone. 

If you decide to change network please check tou have good coverage in your home, work and areas you travel. Get free payandgo sims from all the networks via their websites.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Also try the other networks CS lines and see who answers quickest wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you want any kind of deal and you have to call then choose the option of leaving o2 , speak to retentions and you may get a good offer to upgrade.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's leave O2.

BT have some good offers.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone should choose their network based on signal first before any offers. It's no good having a great deal if you can't use it.
If you're lucky enough to have a choice based on signal only then go for the deal or best offer.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous definitely go for the best deal but priority above all else is coverage. Payandgo sims, free from all networks is definitely the way you should be going. Bit of a strange statement to be honest, what suits you may not suit another. ....

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
BT deals are only "deals" if you are already a BT customer too.... Same for Virginmedia.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10