• 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why is the signal very poor on a Samsung galaxy s3 mini 😞
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 are still rolling out 4G the aim is 2017 they will be fully 4G and "everyone" will have 4G services so their is a lot of maintainance and network upgrades going on daily, so just bear with it and it will get a lot better for you slight_smile

Message 6 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

could be a mast upgrade in your local area so signal could be low.. try http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Message 2 of 21

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just had a look at the network and everything is working fine but it says I should have good coverage in doors and out doors on the 3G900
Message 3 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The O2 network status page is here http://status.o2.co.uk/
Other possibilities (if signal should be good) are a faulty phone or a faulty sim card.
Have you tried your sim in a different phone to see if it improves?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 21

paddyguy
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's a new sim card tho only got it last month and there's only one mast in my area and my phone doesn't have 4G on it
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 are still rolling out 4G the aim is 2017 they will be fully 4G and "everyone" will have 4G services so their is a lot of maintainance and network upgrades going on daily, so just bear with it and it will get a lot better for you slight_smile

Message 6 of 21

paddyguy
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks jayjay will be getting a new phone with 4G on it wink keep up the good work
Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@paddyguy wrote:
It's a newsim card tho only got it last month and there's only one mast in my area and my phone doesn't have4G on it

Does the status page indicate that there is any 4g work ongoing in your area at all?

If not, any reference to 4g improvements is irrelevant as you won't gain any benefit, esp on a non 4g phone.

If there is only one mast in your area the distance you are from it will have a significant bearing on your signal and remember, the theoretical signal shown is just a computer simulation of coverage and not a guarantee, so it could just simply be you are bin a bad area.

Without trying different phones and sim cards though it will be difficult to say exactly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5.... when a mast is being upgraded or worked on for 4G they shut off a certain ammount of mast to carry out the work, hence that will effect 2G and 3G services that is why i refered to 4G upgrade

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I never would have realised that - thanks for the insight.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21