cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract 20 pound vat £4.20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well if I new I would need paying that much vat on my contract I would not of took it out that's 40 a year more just on vat I didn't sign up to pay 24 pound a month rip off
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just saying that I wasn't made aware and feel that maybe next time sales team have a job to do but sale it properly. we all have compliance and guidelines just wasn't followed on the call I did ask was that the total cost including vat that's why I think it's wrong that I wasn't made aware I understand vat
Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

So are you on a business contract or not?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
When asked is that the final cost maybe mention subject of vat then a customer knows were they stand at the end of the month and arnt grumpy that there bill is slightly higher than expected
Message 13 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Nope, watch this
Message 14 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

First bill is always higher. Did you read any t and c's or not?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
20% of 20 is 4 so the sum of 4.2 must be off somewhere.
I'm guessing this is your first bill which will in fact be slightly higher for the partial month +your month upfront (as per your agreement innit)
Now as O2 by default will show your normal bill as tariff + vat =£20 but including the partial month will seem like it's £20 + vat, it will all balance out next bill.
It's normal, the quoted price is the final price, unless you are on a business tariff but if so should always add on 20% to a service charge as advised by hm revenue and customs.
So to clarify:
1st bill is higher and the vat bit has confused you.
Message 16 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Vat is quoted in your monthly bill in MyO2.

All customers with personal accounts are quoted inclusive, business customers are quoted without the VAT, this is normal for all companies in the UK.

If you are a business customer you will be able to claim the VAT back so I'm not sure why it worries you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 19

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Now I'm going bed, leave kudos in the normal place.
Goodnight
Much love
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

Vat is quoted in your monthly bill in MyO2.

All customers with personal accounts are quoted inclusive, business customers are quoted without the VAT, this is normal for all companies in the UK.

If you are a business customer you will be able to claim the VAT back so I'm not sure why it worries you.

This pretty much normal across the board not just phones - quoted prices for goods and services for personal use usually includes VAT and business doesn't.

Message 19 of 19