cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bristol 4g

Anonymous
Not applicable

can anyone tell me when 4g network is coming to Bristol area we are still waiting? 

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm amazed that cities such as Bristol still haven't got it yet.  I split my working time between Cardiff and Newport and disappointed that Cardiff doesn't have O2 4G coverage.

I've been on a few business trips to Paisley recently and their 4G coverage is off the scale.  51 Mbps d/l speed using Speedtest in April... the meter only goes up to 50Mbps !

C'mon O2 - pull your fingers and thumbs out of the sockets and get on with it!!

Message 41 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I and so many others on here know and empathise with you. I travelled from Cornwall to Leicestershire the other day and only saw 4g around Birmingham (25mbs) and around Leicester fringe.

What hope the rural areas eh?
Message 42 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that, fingers crossed it's not too long to wait until they roll it out then. Disappointing with the lack of info coming from O2 though
Message 43 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are hearing retorts on here that the 4g rollout is currently active around the south coast with Southampton being tested.

I also note that 4g is rolling out in all directions away from Swindon. In my opinion i don't think Bristol is far away but like everyone else i get frustrated by the lack of information coming out of o2.
Message 44 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this 4G signal still active? I'm worried that it may just have been a temporary mast installed in Ashton Court Estate for the Balloon Fiesta.

I'm really looking forward to 4G being available in Bristol. I had great speeds in Birmingham and Glasgow recently.

Message 45 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Nope. I went there the day after the Balloon Fiesta ended (Monday 11th). The 4G signal had gone - and so had the mast!!

Must have been just a temporary mast to support the thousands more using O2's network. I'm guessing the 4G was just for the Balloon Fiesta.

Bit disappointing.

O2 told me they'd have 4G in Bristol by the end of 2013. Then they said "by March". In May they said "in 3 months", then it was "by September". With just 12 more days to go until September, I highly doubt that. 😞

If you go on council planning application websites, and search for things like "antennas", it shows planning applications sent in by O2/Vodafone to replace masts for O2/Vodafone sharing and for 4G. At the local O2 mast on a street corner, it says the new mast will have additional cabinets installed next to it. They've not even done that yet as it looks just the same, so I doubt we'll be seeing 4G anytime soon in Bristol.

Message 46 of 71

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That's a shame 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel for you @Anonymous

I was advised by Senior management at o2 that my local area would be upgraded by the end of this year but there are no signs of any action.
Message 48 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous According to O2's coverage checker, 4G is LIVE now in Portsmouth, Southampton, Poole... just to name some.

Still, unbelievably, nothing in Wales or the South West (just one mast live near Castle Combe and Box, Wiltshire). More north of the South West, Stroud has 4G.

EE have had 4G in Bristol since launch (30th October 2012).

Three have had 4G in Bristol since February 2014.

O2 & Vodafone... the UK's oldest networks... NOTHING! Not even 3G from O2 & Vodafone in some areas!!

Message 49 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous i totally agree.

Three have said they will be here this year and i sort of believe them but the information coming out of o2 (and Vodafone) is woeful.

FYI Vodafone are doing the network upgrades in the South and o2 in the North through the Cornerstone Project.

In the South West we have huge areas that don't even have 2g. WHAT HOPE?
Message 50 of 71