cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bristol 4g

Anonymous
Not applicable

can anyone tell me when 4g network is coming to Bristol area we are still waiting? 

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit more of a proper confirmation wink 

Sorry for all the messages. I'm looking forward to O2 4G since it'll probably be the only network that gets a good 4G coverage in my house. I currently get really good signal on O2 3G (4-5/5 bars of signal!). Vodafone gets GPRS, EE gets about 1 bar on 4G but 90% of the time, it drops down to 1 bar on 3G (I will let them off... their coverage checker does say i'm in an outdoor 4G area), and as for Three... 1 bar of 3G or No Service. 

I've got an O2 4G pay and go go go sim ready for a speedtest on my iPhone 5s! I'll upload a speedtest when they launch in the next few days wink 

Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 19.58.43.png

Message 21 of 71

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I really hope you do but don't pin all your hopes on live chat, please, for the sake of your own sanity slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 71

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Hasn't the same infromation been posted on the previous page?

Repeatedly posting the same thing won't have any effect on whether you get 4G or not.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's odd how O2 have been quite quiet about this though! I got a feeling they'll be launching 4G in more areas just in time for Christmas.

They've reduced quite a lot of their 4G tariffs too so they're obviously trying to compete and need more locations to do so.

Plus, there is nowhere in the South of England with O2 4G except the rather unpleasant London. About time they launched some 4G down here! Bristol's the biggest city in the South!

In response to perksie... I have not "repeatedly" posted the same thing. If you bother to take a look, I think you'll find I posted a chat where someone said "may" and now, I have posted a chat where it seems more likely.

O2 appear to be the most reliable network in Bristol for 3G. That is why I am looking forward to their 4G network here.

...even though O2 3G will change to Three 3G in the future. Apparently telefoníca - owners of O2 UK, are in debt and they are rumoured to be selling O2 UK to Three / Hutchison Whampoa in 2014. O2 Ireland was of course sold to Three Ireland / Hutchison Whampoa this year.
Message 24 of 71

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
...even though O2 3G will change to Three 3G in the future. Apparently telefoníca - owners of O2 UK, are in debt and they are rumoured to be selling O2 UK to Three / Hutchison Whampoa in 2014. O2 Ireland was of course sold to Three Ireland / Hutchison Whampoa this year.

Only rumour at the moment but more likely to be AT&T or BT rather than Three.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 71

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It amounts to the same thing and we can feel how excited you must be, but having been here for quite a while it really pays to be cautious until it happens.

Posting what is pure guesswork and speculation about takeovers doesn't help anybody either, over the years I've been with O2 there have been dozens of these and most come to nothing.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 26 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
AT&T more likely to go for Vodafone to get europewide in one go.

Three would be logical.

Not sure BT has the financial muscle given they are only worth around £29bn and o2 probably similar.
Message 27 of 71

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Gotta love a good rumour slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 28 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever happens, I hope the O2 brand stays slight_smile 

Message 29 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question, how much is extra data on pay as you go? 

Does it really cost £10 for just a 1GB bolt-on? 

Message 30 of 71