cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone is cut off ( my fault!) but being house bound and only having my mobile, it is impossible to pay my bill. I've tried everything!!!! Why is it that you can't ring 02 to pay them?? Hoping they will call me!!??
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
DD's can be set up or cancelled as you wish. The only difference between a DD and an SO is that a company can vary the amount requested to a DD but an SO is a fixed amount controlled by the account holder.

Thanks Rich...sames applies...I was just too slow editing my post...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given that the OP has advised he is housebound (and making certain assumptions here) he may be protected to a certain degree by the Disability Discrimination Act. Whilst he "should" pay by DD o2 are seen to be not enforcing this.

Whilst o2 won't know his circumstances assuming this is the first time he should be able to get a black mark removed.

In the meantime hopefully @Anonymous or @Toby can arrange for CS to call him to collect payment.
Message 32 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Given that the OP has advised he is housebound (and making certain assumptions here) he may be protected to a certain degree by the Disability Discrimination Act. Whilst he "should" pay by DD o2 are seen to be not enforcing this.

Whilst o2 won't know his circumstances assuming this is the first time he should be able to get a black mark removed.

In the meantime hopefully @Anonymous or @Toby can arrange for CS to call him to collect payment.

Agree Nick...there should be special circumstances looked at....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 54

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How are they going to call him if his phone's been cut off? I doubt they'd reinstate his connection just for CS to call him.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 34 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

As usual @Bambino a really good point. Pity I didn't think of it wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option is to order a payg sim here https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/ and use that to contact O2 after topping up with the minimum amount of £10. Obviously allowing a few days to receive the SIM card if no one can pick one up from the O2 shop for them.
Message 36 of 54

jonsie
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm sure there will be someone, maybe a visitor, who will allow him to use their phone to pay the bill...

Message 37 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took the view that the phone may be allowing inbound calls @Bambino. We are not certain so trying to help both the OP and anyone else who may search in future.
Message 38 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
A perfectly reasonable assumption @Anonymous
Message 39 of 54

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

It's also perfectly reasonable to think that when the OP's first words of his post are 'My phone is cut off' that he means both outgoing and incoming. If the mods can pass this onto CS and they can contact the OP to get this resolved, all well and good. Part of helping anyone else in the future who finds this topic should also be to warn them of the dangers of not having a Direct Debit.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 40 of 54