Did you mean: 

WiFi abroad...oh the joy :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

How times change... and how much we can still learn despite our age...Rolleys

When I joined this forum I classed myself as technophobic. I still am... but when I think back, I have absorbed a fair amount from friends and colleagues on here.

In my apartment in Spain I had always used my netbook powered by a usb dongle...and couldn't really use my Samsung S3 because of the cost of data roaming...

This year, knowing I was bringing the grandson and daughter-in law with me... I thought.again Drum

There would be 3 phones, 3 Tablets and my netbook.....all useless unless I did something drastic

So technophobic me had Wifi installed in my apartment (yes me! Who knew??) LOL

(Please...no comments such as... I should be exploring the beautiful country...or sunbathing...or swimming in the pool...reading a good book..etc etc etc..been there, done that and still do)

My point is...a year ago I knew little or nothing about WiFi...even less about MiFi

Now with all the technological advances...this apartment is a real home from home

Hey!! We can even sit by the pool and pick up my Wifi...oh the absolute joy Bouncy LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff    Many congratulations on yet another stride along the technological highway!   You must tell me someday  how you did that 'cos I would like to do the same for my daughter who has a summer place that is cleverly situated in a spot where no mobile signals seem to penetrate!  Crazy

Enjoy your holiday and if you can't be good at least be careful! Smiley LOL

Gerry

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you say Denise

Every day is a school day. slight_smile

I learn every day.
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice one I bet is was easy really wink
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The gal done good!:smileyhappy:

Just be extra careful round the pool as you well know that phones, tablets, water and alcohol don't make a good mix Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice one I bet is was easy really wink

Not that easy actually @Anonymous Recently Southern Spain lost all English TV channels due to the 'big satellite' in the sky being re-positioned...So the Wifi companies were working flat out to install TV dishes/boxes in Hotels, apartment complexes and villa's across the Costa del Sol...

Getting hold of an engineer to put it in my apartment was a logistical nightmare...

However lucky old me has a friend of a friend of a friend... who does this and I was one of the few who got it at this time

Proving once and for all..it aint what you know...it's who you know....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I see well at least you got it done slight_smile
Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The gal done good!:smileyhappy:

Just be extra careful round the pool as you well know that phones, tablets, water and alcohol don't make a good mix Smiley Very Happy

@jonsie  As if this gal would ever lie by the pool with a Tablet in one hand and an alcoholic drink in another ..hic hic....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would be ok with a sony z1 or z2 tablet wink
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
And to be fair @Cleoriff

Who in their right mind would say No to you to get this sorted. wink

Lovely weather in blighty by the way ,so thank you. slight_smile