cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I chose to change to Android with Samsung S6

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have been a loyal Apple fan for many many years owning each iPhone since the 3G onwards.

But after all this time I have decided going to Android devices was a very big brave leap for me as I loved Apple's simplicity of things.

First of all I changed because what I love the most is how customisable android is, which leads me to Samsung, I love how innovative their phones are, such little but pleasing features to me such as the little notification light and the idea of wireless charging.

I got my iPhone 6 at launch and I was pretty much in love with it straight away such a sleek design and iOS was definately improving however it just wasnt enough. Screen size has always been a big concern for me as small is too small and big is too big but Samsung really master the screen sizes across all models theres something for everyone.

Anyone else out there whos decided this year was the time for big change?

(Still getting my head around all the settings and choices!)

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always been an samsung/android fan - it's quite true android basically trusts people to play around with the OS much more than Apple do.

Message 2 of 42

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Nice post @Anonymous, its always really useful to hear how and why members change from one OS to another.

Let us know how you get on with it? A big change from Apple I'm sure wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all good so far apart from using Smart Switch is a bit of a nightmare.... 

was transferring my apple back up got to 70% and it errored.... Destroy

Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice post @Anonymous !! You are brave! I think I wouldn't be able to make that change... well yes! But only knowing that the O2 community will be here to help me to adapt ...With you guys sounds less scary slight_smile
Message 5 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice post @Anonymous !! You are brave! I think I wouldn't be able to make that change... well yes! But only knowing that the O2 community will be here to help me to adapt ...With you guys sounds less scary slight_smile

Honestly it seems so hard at first but once you open the world of android its pretty endless, so much to do and change! grin

Message 6 of 42

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It seems as if you have made a good choice. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same. Apple as much as they used to be innovative and best, in my humble opinion smart phone manufacturers they seem not to listen to their customers needs and others like Samsung take over.

I had all Iphones from the first one to iphone 6 and was quite happy with the devices but looking closely what is happening in smart phone industry I knew a year ago I would be trying something different.

Galaxy S6 edge was the one to switch to. I was happy with it. I used Smart Switch to transfer all my data and at that point I noticed the difference between polished and unpolished platforms. Smart switch is so buggy.

It took me 5 hours to back it up. Im a osX user and maybe that works better with windows.

Unfortunately I had to take it to service in Wembley in London to have it repaired (i was cycling and kept it in my pocket, it was the hottest day in the year I have to admit and I was sweating and aparently sweat contaminated the device, it never happended with any of my iphones before so S6 edge is probably not the best to use while you do exercise unless you keep it in a plastic bag) and that was the worsk experience ever.

Dont even try to compare apple customer service with samsung. Samsung employees are impatiente and rude.

Maybe in different centers they are better but I have experiance just with that one.

So, device- very good and I know Samsung will keep on producing very good smart phones.

Customer Service- rubbish. Maybe they are all frustrated for some unknown reason or that is lack training and ability to approach, listen and talk to their customer but that is not gonna change soon.

And for that reason I will be switching back to apple.

Message 8 of 42

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Dont even try to compare apple customer service with samsung. Samsung employees are impatiente and rude.

Maybe in different centers they are better but I have experiance just with that one.

So, device- very good and I know Samsung will keep on producing very good smart phones.

Customer Service- rubbish. 

Mainly here we see very good reports about Samsung service.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I completely understand everything you said, yes smart switch is THE worst, been syncing since 10am and i'm still not 100% up and running, many crashes and different ways of trying out I'm finally getting somewhere.

Yes when I left apple I realise I'm giving up that very unique customer service but for the beauty and functions of this phone (s6) I simply cannot give up, it was why I gave up years ago on the Note 3 and I know I will regret giving up on the s6!

Message 10 of 42