cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I chose to change to Android with Samsung S6

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have been a loyal Apple fan for many many years owning each iPhone since the 3G onwards.

But after all this time I have decided going to Android devices was a very big brave leap for me as I loved Apple's simplicity of things.

First of all I changed because what I love the most is how customisable android is, which leads me to Samsung, I love how innovative their phones are, such little but pleasing features to me such as the little notification light and the idea of wireless charging.

I got my iPhone 6 at launch and I was pretty much in love with it straight away such a sleek design and iOS was definately improving however it just wasnt enough. Screen size has always been a big concern for me as small is too small and big is too big but Samsung really master the screen sizes across all models theres something for everyone.

Anyone else out there whos decided this year was the time for big change?

(Still getting my head around all the settings and choices!)

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

The main thing I realise now its Apple is very fine tuned.

Message 11 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I have always been a fan of Android phones....They allow much more freedom of choice as far as I am concerned...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Never had any issues with smart switch so far, back ups are quick as are restores.
It's the same with sonys xperia transfer tho, perfect android to android, the constant issues always seem to come when ios is brought into the mix. Because apps need to be brought in from Google play, music is converted, all this stuff take high cpu and more important for end users, time.
But in all seriousness what's a few hours really in the grand scheme of keeping content intact and carrying on with your device how you had it?
Message 13 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I fully understand how and why Apple customer service is beyond comparison. Having said that, how often does anyone really need to use them? Faulty phone  ok, but normally Samsung give the same level of service for replacement of a faulty device, though they would repair if possible.

Message 14 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sending off for repair though whereas apple just walk into a store and maybe come out with a new device. So after a day with this phone there are some minor faults.

Keyboard - apple really do do this better. S6 doesnt correct my silly spelling typing mistakes and its taking me twice as long to type out a msssage.

Scrolling - keep getting stupid lag so i had to turn off javascript to be a bit better

Crashing - certain features crash a lot

Device temperature - gets crazy hot that it burns sometimes
Message 15 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Samsung DO correct spelling mistakes @Anonymous..As you type there is a box over the keyboard which gives you a choice of words (if you are using a 'strange word'.....you just click on the one you want0. Normally it corrects common words without 'asking'.... (well it did on my S3 and Note 3). My problem is ...I am usually on my laptop which does NOT correct errors.... I just have spellcheck on. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 42

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You have multiple choices for spelling correction but you need to turn on the appropriate options in the keyboard settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 42

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Crazy hot means it's downloading or updating apps. Or you have a multitude of open programmes.

Message 18 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Crazy hot means it's downloading or updating apps. Or you have a multitude of open programmes.

Which is probably the case  @jonsie as cutiekitty has just had the phone and is setting everything up

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby @Anonymous I decided to go back to Apple! I'm just not cut out to be an Android girl it seems, the simplicity of Apple still wins me over even if Samsung create attractive, cute phones 😞

Message 20 of 42