cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who have o2 passed my details onto?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am in a very annoyed mood right now so this will probably sound like a rant!

I am due/eligible for an upgrade of my handset/contract with o2.

So why am i getting constant calls from so called o2 affiliates trying to sell me one and sign with them? I questioned one caller, who admitted we have nothing to do with o2!!

How have they got all my details?

Only o2 hold them details as far as i am aware.

Had about five calls now from different companies in the last month, current one today was 'mobile solutions' iirc. WHO? Never heard of them or the others (of which i cant remember their names) and am sick of the cold calling.

If i find out it was o2 who has somehow compromised my details i will not be very happy and will pursue the matter further by some means. I do not need a third party selling me something i never knew i needed! 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the moment i cant seem to find anything in Myo2. It has my details, (phone number and user name) but doesn't seem to want to release anything else! i.e. Last bill, upgrade info, account no. etc they're all just screen headers with no info.

It's all a bit random when i click something. i must have signed in about 15 times now whenever i go to another screen! Sheesh. I dont often sign into o2 tbf but its a bit messy now compared to last time i did.

Message 11 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You should see a list of options on the left, choose My Choices.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I wish there were an effective Android app for it. I know if you use AVG there is a way to block numbers, but I don't particularly like AVG. Had a bad experience a while back using it on my desktop, so I use Avast now. Google needs to develop a good app for this to be used on all its phones.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems i have no products associated with this account? How strange? Think a 202 call is coming on. Politely spoken of course 😉

Message 14 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would still put it in writing to them as per the T&Cs in Adam's post above.

Message 15 of 24

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

What he said^^^.  Unless you write in as Adam suggested you aren't denying them and their agents the right to contact you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason i can't now use my old user name as had to combine 2 o2 accounts it wont recognise the initial username password! I now have a feeling all o2 correspondence will go to a never used e-mail address. What a mess!

Anyhow, been down the o2 store today in Leicester and explained the calls etc (had more since) to be told 'o2 dont pass on details of your account etc' and he was adamant. I dont believe it. He then said the only thing i could opt out of on my contract was marketing texts from o2. Which he did. I never asked him to, as i can stop those from my handset!

So to anyone from o2 who reads these boards 'Thank you for passing my details out and all the hassle you have caused in-between, I now have a feeling you will be losing a customer of at least 20yrs vintage. I started feeling the decline in your attitude to customers about 2 upgrades ago and now when i see the 'refresh' package you are offering to established clients and the 3rd party pestering you have started it is time to jump ship. You've failed.

ps. the staff in leicester need lessons in customer care. When i queried my 'upgrade' 'The phones are over there, pick one' was not what i was asking!'

Not a great experience with o2 recently.

Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and just a small footnote, a sim free phone from phones4u was a great deal cheaper than the so called 'upgrade' phone from o2 by at least £100. Could buy insurance for 2 yrs and still make a large saving!

Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think i experienced the same thing today, didnt realise it could be a cold caller though... slight_frown

Message 19 of 24

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Haha check out my post called 'not impressed' as I just experienced the same thing!!

Or not as your other thread seems to say.

Message 20 of 24