cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Is The Best Mobile Insurance Insurance?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Can anyone recommend a good company to use to insure my iPhone 5s.

I won't say it has to be the cheapest as sometimes the cheapest ones don't cover much.

I looked at my bank (Natwest) and they only provide mobile phone insurance cover if I have a Select Account or anything above.

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree bank account or home contents is the best avenue or simply put some money to one side each month ~ a slush fund.

Message 3 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Have a look at adding it on to your home insurance policy as a personal item.

Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree bank account or home contents is the best avenue or simply put some money to one side each month ~ a slush fund.

Message 3 of 28

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have tried the avenue of adding it on to my mums contents insurance policy, however they told us that as the policy has changed its terms since we took it out, we would have to take out a whole new policy and then add the mobile phone on to it.

Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thing is Gemma with mobile phone policies and house insurance you pay a monthly amount , jump through hoops to claim and if your claim is accepted an excess fee then has to be paid.

This is why I put money to one side each month in a high interest online account.

slight_smile
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have it with my bank account nationwide costs £10 a month but comes with all sorts mobile insurance uk and euro full breakdown cover worldwide travel insurance and a few other bits well well worth the £10 a month
Message 6 of 28

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

When my iPhone was robbed 2 years ago I hadn't had time to get insurance as the phone was only 3 or 4 weeks old, but I struggled to save up the money to buy a new one and it's unfair me having to buy another phone when some idiot has robbed mine.

Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Truly an awful crime and now activation lock has been introduced in iPhones and iPads hopefully this will help stop such crime.

Nothing will stop it 100%. 😞

Insurance is ok for some and not for others. Choice.
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be warned most insurance companies that cover mobile phones charge a higher excess for any claims on I Phone's.

My smart phone is insured with my bank, my excess is £30.

If I had an Apple I Phone the excess would be £100.

Message 9 of 28

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

There's a guide on MSE which may give a few options and also compares the bank accounts which offer it

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-mobile-phone-insurance

Message 10 of 28