cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will o2 stop leaving the isle of wight in the dark ages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst there's talk of 4g coverage, the isle of wight remains on crappy 2g signal with next to no 3g cover. Reading other forums about 3g cover for other networks, and you actually get a response and a timeline, with o2 you just get a copied and pasted 'we have no plans to upgrade your masts in your area'
Absolutely pointless getting my iphone, a device that truely shines when it is connected to the internet. I sit here working at the front line and I can't receive my emails, the only way my place of work seems to communicate. It seems even 2g data is patchy at best, not to mention the endless problems trying to send mms messages I've been having.
December's a long time away but I'll be glad to finally retire from o2, having been a customer since they were btgenie, the only thing they seem committed to doing is leaving those in rural areas with subpar performance.

I did chuckle when our local store got their 3gs posters out advertising how fast 3g was, and yet were unable to show me it.
I confess to being an early adopter of technology, and when I got my iphone 4 out almost on release date, and had the rest of my work colleagues cooing over it like a new born, I'm glad that I influenced them to go with a better network and avoid putting money into this stagnated service.
woop woop, two weeks until the isle of wight festival, this means 3 days of not being able to make or receive phonecalls, thanks o2!
/rant
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

Strange you stayed with O2 if the signal is so bad, I would have moved to 3.

their signal is even worse i betSmiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 17

BubWright
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
o2 has always been the best for signal in my area and decided to buy a contract with them. once i got my phone i was shocked to find 2g signal so i tried other networks, i would have gone with 3 if i knew this
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

The good news for you is that part of o2's purchase of 4G license means they have taken a public promise to provide 4G to 98% of the population indoor and outdoor. 

They're currently working with Vodafone to set up a series of mast works which will create new ones and upgrade existing ones.  In each mast created/upgraded 2G, 3G and 4G equipment will be set up.  The works are starting this year going right through to 2015. 

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a 4g mast going up in cowes today, just seen them setting it up at cowes telephone exchange.

Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good news indeed as the roll-out continues. Please give them directions to Bolton slight_smile

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
And Chichester and the surrounding area!
Message 16 of 17

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'll be checking North Devon  soon too.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 17 of 17