cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg; GED number

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to cancel insurance I took out on a P&G phone in 2010. The payment has been DD from my building society account since, monthly. O2 now tell me they don't insure P&G phones paying DD on a monthly bases, they only insure contract phones paying DD on a monthly bases. So after a number of calls, over a number of hours, over a number of days, with a number of people, in a number of different departments, they then ask me for a GED, telling me every DD has this number and that my building society has it.
I ask my building society for this and the they has no clue what this number is but give me a PREP number.
When I was asking for the GED number from the building society I did canceled the DD for the O2 insurance, they told me to be on the safe side I should inform the company (o2) that I'm doing this as i am contracted with them to take the DD.
O2 can't find my policy with ALL the info (PREP number included) I've giving them and are still asking for the GED number.

I have to also say, I did loose the plot (near the end of the second or third 35 to 40min call, after being "put through" to yet an other department ) with a Lee-nn, who threatened me saying she "hanging up on me and that I'd have to go through all this process again".
So now I fell like I'm being punished as since I've been on the phone to O2 several more times, both from my home and in the shop where I bought the phone and the insurance.
Message 5 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143433 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A GED number is a reference the payment. With this o2 will be able to locate details which should help your query.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2
Message 1 of 8

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
O2

Having searched online and through the forum the only reference I can find is from a very old post. A GED number is supposedly Confirmation of payment made...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Customer-Services-had-no-record-of-my-order-amp-payment/m-p/779839/highlight/true#M78661

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143433 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A GED number is a reference the payment. With this o2 will be able to locate details which should help your query.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

You already have a thread running re this issue (you started it last night)

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/What-is-a-GED-number-my-building-society-or-I-have-no-clue/m-p/855796/highlight/true#M61331

Just to confirm again...a GED number is a confirmation of payment made.. With this number O2 will be able to help with your query. However...if you dont have it they STILL should be able to help you

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just for info to all.......the op posted in another section last night about this same issue. I have attempted to guide them back to this thread (and asked for the post to be moved) wink

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Customer-Services-had-no-record-of-my-order-amp-...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Cleoriff! I've merged the threads...
Message 8 of 8