cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens late bill 3 months

Anonymous
Not applicable

my bill is £3000 (long story) i can pay it in 3 months... maybe. but I might need 4. what's going to happen does anyone know? when will they cut my phone. I know it wll get cut for sure....... 

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Opening times are : 

Monday-Friday 08:00 - 21:00
Saturday 09:00 - 18:00
Sunday 09:00 - 18:00

They are not going to be "pissed" with you so don't worry.

You're not the first or last person to have to delay payments or missed a payment with O2.

What counts now is what you do to resolve this situation and by ringing them they will discuss options to overt the extreme ramifications.

The bar of your services is up to O2.

Look at this link to o2's T&C http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

If you didn't contact them and the Direct Debit failed they then would try again a short while after. If it failed again their systems would then kick into action.

You could also suffer returned direct debit fee's from your bank.

Message 4 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning @Anonymous 

Welcome to the Community Forum,

That is a very big bill.

Have O2 tried to direct debit that bill from your Bank Account yet.

I would suggest you phone them now on 202 from an O2 powered phone or from a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min ,or as a last resort http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus ,to discuss your current situation.

If you do not then the possible actions would maybe inlcude, turning off your phone services by placing a bar on your account ,and if its not paid via an in house solution, they could also charge a re connection fee when you request for the bar to be lifted after payment, or in the extreeme they could sell your debt to a collection agency, which could affect your credit rating as a default would be placed on it resulting in difficulty in upgrading then its time, opening up any new contracts, and on things such as gaining credit for any other reason such as overdrafts, credit cards or buying anything via finance.

This type of default can stay on your credit file for 6 years.

Act now.

Hope all goes well for you.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call  or talk to live chat but they are offline. I understand all this and I will pay my bill. but I will need to split the 3 grand over 4 months, maybe 3. how long does it take before they take this action. Of course i will call them. they are going to be pissed with me............ 

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Opening times are : 

Monday-Friday 08:00 - 21:00
Saturday 09:00 - 18:00
Sunday 09:00 - 18:00

They are not going to be "pissed" with you so don't worry.

You're not the first or last person to have to delay payments or missed a payment with O2.

What counts now is what you do to resolve this situation and by ringing them they will discuss options to overt the extreme ramifications.

The bar of your services is up to O2.

Look at this link to o2's T&C http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

If you didn't contact them and the Direct Debit failed they then would try again a short while after. If it failed again their systems would then kick into action.

You could also suffer returned direct debit fee's from your bank.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't going to avoid contacting them. I wanted to talk to someone on live chat but it's been off all day yesterday. I dont want them to cut me off from 02! I will just do the deadly call of death a ask what's going to happen to me here with these late payments... oh boy. 

anyways thanks XX DrumSurprised

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wasn't going to avoid contacting them. I wanted to talk to someone on live chat but it's been off all day yesterday. I dont want them to cut me off from 02! I will just do the deadly call of death a ask what's going to happen to me here with these late payments... oh boy. 

anyways thanks XX DrumSurprised

I this instance I would strongly suggest you speak to O2's Customer service by telephone.

Live Chat can sometimes get things a little muddled up and as I said only use them as a last resort, especially for account enquires, and most especially for the reason you need to talk to O2.

I understand its daunting to speak to a person instead of using a chat facility but try to be calm.

Take into account what your doing is something they deal with every day.

Message 6 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
If you speak directly to them they will arrange to split the payments without it affecting your credit file. However they will I'm afraid put a hold on your account. They won't allow you to run up a bigger debt which is understandable for obvious reasons.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kesa honestly they wont be pissed as you, don't worry about it. The payment management team are there to help you if you do get into a situation and they will work with you to set up a payment plan.

Don't feel bad, everyone gets into a sticky spot from time to time.

Is there anything we can help with as to why you've managed to get such a high bill?
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't be worried about contacting O2, as the others have said they won't be pissed at you.  I learned to my cost that, if you are having problems paying something, it's best to speak to companies sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

On another note why are they not capping bills?! Surely it is odd (and potentially fraud) if someones usual bill is £15 (assuming), then it shoots up to £3k. If anything it would be handy to be sent a text message saying "there appears to be unusual activity on your bill, please get in contact with us". 

This isnt to do with your problem directly, my reply is more about prevention rather than cure. No-one likes racking up large bills.

Message 10 of 17