cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcoming New Members

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the Community "home page" there is a wee section entitled "Please welcome our newest community members: "   and that is indeed a nice thought and a nice thing to do.  However, when I clicked on some of the names I noted that quite a few have not yet actually posted anything so it would seem the only way to welcome them would be to send a PM.  As new members they might not even be aware of the PM feature. 

I am assuming the "Please welcome ....." data is auto-generated - and if that is the case is it a useful function?  Would it not be more realistic and more natural to welcome a new member when they post their first message?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys can also go to the home page, scroll down and you will be able to see who has recently join the community:

Screenshot_1.png

Would be great if you welcome them in the welcome thread slight_smile

Message 11 of 16

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Also adding to the above that if you use the @-mention in your welcoming post, the member will get a notification on it. slight_smile

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

@Also adding to the above that if you use the @-mention in your welcoming post, the member will get a notification on it. slight_smile

Is that a default setting @Marjo ?

Message 13 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

@Also adding to the above that if you use the @-mention in your welcoming post, the member will get a notification on it. slight_smile

Yes it is....

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Yes it is....

Ta!

Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
But thankfully, can be turned off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16