cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail with Original O2 Router !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again

Great news that webmail has now been fixed for O2 Broadband customers who migrated to SKY.

In particular, nice to see a note from Toby, the Community Manager, that our O2 webmail accounts will remain active, for now.   I hope this message is circulated to Customer Services and also some of the 'experts' who have be quick to dismiss O2 webmail.   I did request a reliable phone number to get through to Customer Services ( I do not have a mobile phone from SKY) but I received no reply.

Reason for writing this message is that I am still using my original O2 router which appears to be working very well.   When SKY took over O2 broadband we were given plenty of notice but not a SKY router.   I was just wonderering  whether this will be an issue, if my SKY broadband plays up in the future.  I can always pay for a new router I suppose.    But if it ain't broken............ 

Regards

Fishtank

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

We werent dismissing it. We were only going with the information that everybody knew

Message 2 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
"When SKY took over O2 broadband we were given plenty of notice but not a SKY router. I was just wonderering whether this will be an issue"

Not a clue tbh, best check on the sky forums and ask one of their experts.
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And the advice we gave to people like yourselves was based on the knowledge we had. We were never updated on that information till 2 days ago. it should however be obvious to all that the amount of people SKY referrred back to O2 showed they also didn't have a clue... If I was pressed personally, I would still advise people to change to another email provider. The webmail servers remain unmanned with limited maintenance.

However this is individual choice.....Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello again

Great news that webmail has now been fixed for O2 Broadband customers who migrated to SKY.

In particular, nice to see a note from Toby, the Community Manager, that our O2 webmail accounts will remain active, for now.  

I think the words "for now" might be a hint. Anyone who sticks with O2 webmail will only have themselves to blame when things go wrong again, and you can pretty much bet that won't be too far down the road.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5