cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all, is anyone else having problems logging on to webmail? I can access my o2 accounton the o2 site but the webmail feature just times out and doesn't connect. Been like this since early this morning. Contacted o2 via live chat and got told to contact Sky (even though they're not my provider). Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 103
102 REPLIES 102

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We've given enough warnings and advice.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 91 of 103

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
The mailbox is still 1024MB for me, hardly unusable.
#siwy
Message 93 of 103

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@browni wrote:
The mailbox is still 1024MB for me, hardly unusable.

So you won't be changing then...

Message 94 of 103

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It is for those with only 20mb....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 95 of 103

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Just to re-clarify, this was due to a temporary issue, not accounts being closed. Cheers 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 96 of 103

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

Just to re-clarify, this was due to a temporary issue, not accounts being closed. Cheers 

Yes mate, we understand that.

What we are asking for is:

1 - who is maintaining the old o2 mail servers (for those that have moved to sky)?

2 - are there any accounts left for people who didn't move to sky?

3 - how long will the o2 email remain active, for those who moved to sky?

This is the minimum level of info we need to help customers in future........

Currently using:
Message 97 of 103

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We get that now thanks @Toby but with no maintenance on the servers I'm sure this is going to be a regular problem. O2 email is quite primitive these days and I would sill urge users to adopt a far more versatile email provider, there are so many out there but I would advise people to sign up with their broadband supplier or use GMail.  Sure, they also have the occasional issue but the backup and support is there when you need it, you don't get pushed around between Sky and O2 with both denying responsibility.  

It's quite apparent now that this is an o2 issue but trying to get help from customer service is nigh on impossible as they aren't trained to deal with email issues. That is the main problem and the fact that you are having to get involved with customer issues backs this up. Don't forget that you are helping a very small number of people on the community. Hundreds of people are being given the runaround between 2 major companies and they don't join the community. O2 need to support customers and customer  service need to know where to direct queries.

Message 98 of 103

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @jonsie,

You make some valid points! One of the main take-aways from this issue has been that we need to make sure our CS advisor's knowledge on this is as detailed as possible and that is being enhanced as a result. Thanks for your thoughts here guys, I have fed them all back.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 99 of 103

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ultimately it's all down to product knowledge and training. Unfortunately with the demise of email and various other o2 products, training in those areas has ceased. It's so easy to tell people to contact Sky and vice versa. I'm sure there are knowledgeable people at o2 who can troubleshoot issues and can deal with individual problems. The big concern is that customer service can't help or don't know where to refer people to those who can help and support.

Message 100 of 103