cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all, is anyone else having problems logging on to webmail? I can access my o2 accounton the o2 site but the webmail feature just times out and doesn't connect. Been like this since early this morning. Contacted o2 via live chat and got told to contact Sky (even though they're not my provider). Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 103
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Thanks for being patient throughout the discussion of this topic. Unfortunately, the O2 Webmail service suffered a technical issue recently that impacted some customers however, that should  be resolved now. 

This issue was not linked to closure of webmail accounts. If your webmail account was closing as a result of the Sky/O2 deal, you’d have been notified already with plenty of time to transfer any communications linked to your webmail account somewhere else e.g. Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo, etc. If you migrated your Home Broadband account to Sky, your O2 webmail account will continue to remain active.

If you’re a migrated HBB customer with Sky and still having any issues, pls send me a PM

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 80 of 103
102 REPLIES 102

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous O2 webmail has been closing down slowly since Sept 2013. It is largely unsupported now so it may be time to change to another provider?

Edited to add..people who migrated to Sky broadband actually were still able to access O2 webmail.....though some of those recently have started to experience problems....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 103

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm assuming you didn't migrate your BB to Sky?
If so, webmail has finished for all customers who didn't migrate.
Anyone who did move to Sky also now has their email hosted by them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, yes i did migrate to Sky but about a month ago I moved and had to change my provider. It's all been working fine and I was on there last night, it's just today I can't get on.

Message 4 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, i migrated too and am one who is now experiencing problems! Am annoyed as i know i have important emails on there an di can't get to them....
Message 5 of 103

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Sounds like Sky have turned you off then I'm afraid, unless it's just a temp glitch.
Well worth you setting up an alternative though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't see why Sky would turn me off now after me using it for over a month. It just doesn't connect and I get a timed out message. Will have to set up a new one with my new provider. Hassle!
Message 7 of 103

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You'd have to ask Sky that question.
Email is nothing to do with o2 anymore.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 103

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

O2 did their job 2 years ago informing customers of the intention to close webmail. I would have thought it was Sky's job to let their clients know?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

is any one experienceing problems with webmail,iv been trying all day to access my emails.not a chance,once i can get in n read them o2 are history.

Message 10 of 103