cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all, is anyone else having problems logging on to webmail? I can access my o2 accounton the o2 site but the webmail feature just times out and doesn't connect. Been like this since early this morning. Contacted o2 via live chat and got told to contact Sky (even though they're not my provider). Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 103
102 REPLIES 102

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby, email sent.

Thanks.

Message 71 of 103

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Thanks @Anonymous.

So that others are aware, the issues here are not due to a member not being aware of communications about webmail, and we'll make sure we help as much as we can to resolve it slight_smile 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 72 of 103

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous.

So that others are aware, the issues here are not due to a member not being aware of communications about webmail, and we'll make sure we help as much as we can to resolve it slight_smile 

That's fine @Toby. However I must check re the advice most of us are giving...

* Information about webmail closing was given out in September 2013

* Clients at that time were notified (the exceptions were those who migrated to Sky BB

* People who still have webmail should be advised to find a new email provider asap

*They risk losing emails as the servers are no longer supported

I understand there may be individual cases but without us knowing account details etc we can only advise on what we do know?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 73 of 103

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's about time o2 made an official statement on this so everyone knows where they stand.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 74 of 103

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff,

Some webmail accounts are still active even after the Sky changes and will be for a certain time, so we are working through these issues to help everyone out. The communications did go out to describe the takeover, but there are still certain accounts that should be active (for those whose broadband was converted to Sky's)

I hope that helps!

Get involved:

Message 75 of 103

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That's the big problem @Toby

SOME email accounts are active. When are the servers officially closed for good. Which accounts are gone for good? O2 need to release another update so people know.

Message 76 of 103

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @jonsie,

The update here is that anyone affected by this needs to contact customer service please.

Get involved:

Message 77 of 103

Anonymous
Not applicable

HiToby,

I moved my Broadband over to Sky so can't understand why I cannot access my emails through o2 webmail. I need to now if one day I will be unable to access my emails ( I hope this has not already happened!). Please advise.

Thanks

Adrian

Message 78 of 103

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

From what @Toby is saying it may just be a temporary problem but for sure, one day your email will cease to be. Once you contact customer service and get access back, seriously, you need to look at alternatives.

Message 79 of 103

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Thanks for being patient throughout the discussion of this topic. Unfortunately, the O2 Webmail service suffered a technical issue recently that impacted some customers however, that should  be resolved now. 

This issue was not linked to closure of webmail accounts. If your webmail account was closing as a result of the Sky/O2 deal, you’d have been notified already with plenty of time to transfer any communications linked to your webmail account somewhere else e.g. Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo, etc. If you migrated your Home Broadband account to Sky, your O2 webmail account will continue to remain active.

If you’re a migrated HBB customer with Sky and still having any issues, pls send me a PM

Get involved:

Message 80 of 103