cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Top Up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there something wrong with the site? I'm trying to top up online and it keeps declining? I've been using the same card for ages with no problem at all and it's in date and has funds so i don't see what the problem is? I've also tried the auto top up with no success either Help

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry you are having problems, but if you ring 4445 they will be able to see your failed top ups and give you an idea what it might be.Failing that they can send it to be investigated by technical support that will get to the bottom of it.

Is that card used to top up just your number or several numbers?Have you changed address recently?

Hope this helps.let us know how u get on:smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
What airy of card?
You can call cs or use an atm in the meantime.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Get a voucher from a local store is another option whilst the problem is rectified.

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Womble

Welcome to the forum.

It is worth contacting your Bank just to make sure they are not blocking anything.

Some Banking Apps have top up features in them too.
O2 Customer Service should be able to help too as indicated.

O2 Help Link on Topping up -> http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/topping-up
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The Op has been using the same card previously so it's not likely a bank issue unless the address has changed.

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have the auto top up as it was more convenient as I set it up to top up the day my pay n go go go allowance ran out but then last few months it kept saying unsuccessful so I've been having to top up manually online without a problem (with the same card) but now I can't even do that! It's very annoying and like I said I've been using the same card for ages with no problems. I tried to update my card in the auto top up too to see if there was a problem and it wont even let me update that either now it's ridiculous!

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There have been restrictions placed on the use of Maestro cards.
If it's one of those that might be the problem?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Sounds as if the OP needs to ring CS to see whats happening with this. A bit weird that it stopped doing auto top ups and now wont accept the card via the manual route?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If we knew what type of card it was, it would help.....?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If we knew what type of card it was, it would help.....?

Agree Rich...but whilst we were waiting for the OP to come back I thought I would just throw in my five pennorth...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15