Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning ...Check your My O2!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This has been mentioned in another thread but deserves a section of its own I think. @MI5 and myself have noticed a changed to Contact Preferences. Initially I had opted out of Marketing info....today we noticed there is a new layout for the page and suddenly mine have been turned on...Advise everyone to check. Mine looks like this...(or did as I have now turned off everything except Priority) @Toby is currently checking when these changes took place..

Preferences o2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Had none today but I've blocked 3-4 already.

'Plugged the leak'?

One of the numbers that keeps on calling me changes the number every day, so blocking doesn't help.

So they started off with the number ending 8120, then 8121, 8122, 8123 etc

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 81 of 189

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Everybody affected by this should take at look at ICO's advice

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/

"If the organisation has been unable, or unwilling, to resolve your information rights concern, you can raise the matter with us.  We will use the information you have provided, including the organisation’s response to your concerns, to decide if your concern provides an opportunity to improve information rights practice."

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 82 of 189

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 83 of 189

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@PhoneDoc wrote:

I've 4 contracts taken out at different times over a 3 year period directly from O2, all in store and never over the phone or online. I use Tu, Priority, and the World Chat App, all of which I think are running the latest releases. I think I'm also registered with TPS. Maybe there's something in there that will help differentiate those who have been unknowingly opted in again, and those who have remained opted out.

I have a contract through a 3rd party; I have Tu and Priority installed.

However I cannot even check the contact preferences page as it is currently not available.

This last is the thing that makes it a little bit suspect (unless it is currently down for others?) as it would suggest somone has spotted an issue/mistake and has taken it down to rectify...

page still not loading - still have the "information not available at the moment"...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 84 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj What part doesn't load? Is it just the contact preference section within My O2? (Sorry if you clarified this earlier ) I can still access this section via mobile and PC...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 85 of 189

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

The list of options of what to allow/turn off.

This is all I get currently on web (laptop). Not sure how to find this on mobile/app...

contact pref.jpg

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 86 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This is mine (via PC) this morning.....It is showing just as I reset it yesterday. Not sure why yours wouldn't be showing?

Contact pref.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 87 of 189

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Just to check I am not going to the wrong place...

log into my o2 (web), click on my account (number/device), hover over "more" drop down, then click my contact preferences.

that is where I get the error screen.

is that how you get to yours?

Message 88 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

PS...Not sure if it's relevant @gmarkj but my PC is running Win7 Firefox...

However my mobile is running Chrome and I can still see the same if I access the forum first and then go into MY O2 via that route. I have not tried it via My O2 app

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 89 of 189

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Just to check I am not going to the wrong place...

log into my o2 (web), click on my account (number/device), hover over "more" drop down, then click my contact preferences.

that is where I get the error screen.

is that how you get to yours?

Yes, correct process.

I suggest you call CS on 202 and have them turn everything off for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 90 of 189