Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning ...Check your My O2!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

This has been mentioned in another thread but deserves a section of its own I think. @MI5 and myself have noticed a changed to Contact Preferences. Initially I had opted out of Marketing info....today we noticed there is a new layout for the page and suddenly mine have been turned on...Advise everyone to check. Mine looks like this...(or did as I have now turned off everything except Priority) @Toby is currently checking when these changes took place..

Preferences o2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Blimey, just going to check mine now. I hardly ever get those calls, but in the last few weeks I've had a couple I've had to block. Not loads, but I'm guessing it's because of this I've had any at all...

Complaints form at the ready!!!
Message 31 of 189

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
GRRR I'm really peeved off at this!

No I've not had a barrage of calls (yet) but I've certainly had more than I used to get, which was maybe 2 in the life of this number (2yrs). I specifically had all permissions off from the beginning of this numbers life as I'd been plagued with spam/scam calls and texts on my old number...

Great, so now I'm actually considering changing my number because of this. I really shouldn't have to worry about crap like this from such a large company, it's appalling!

@Toby @Martin-O2 anyone got any info on exactly how this was allowed to happen?

Message 32 of 189

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

interestingly I have just gone to check this - information not currently available.
I think someone has noticed and has quickly withdrawn the page to correct...

edited to add - if the code for the page has been updated, it could be a bit Apple job with the wifi assist being reset to on by default.

that doesn't change the fact that this is a MASSIVE pie in the face however, and certainly needs to be complained about to both o2 and ofcom...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 189

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Don't think O2 ever move that fast wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
interestingly I have just gone to check this - information not currently available.

Well if they do 'correct it' @gmarkj I hope they don't correct mine back....as I went in changed all my preferences manually...just before I started the thread.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 189

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

Well if they do 'correct it' @gmarkj I hope they don't correct mine back....as I went in changed all my preferences manually...just before I started the thread.....

sorry, meant correct back to how it was before the update/"upgrade" not to before you set the right again!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 36 of 189

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
I'm getting tired of hearing the same old excuses from O2 for when things go wrong......

Yes, your data is very important to us and we take great care to ensure we screw you over to maximise our profits......

Fixed it !

Sorry @MI5, but what have you fixed?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 37 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

sorry, meant correct back to how it was before the update/"upgrade" not to before you set the right again!

I will have to leave other to check @gmarkj as I am now offline for a while...Whistle wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 189

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

jonsie's statement wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 189

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
I'm getting tired of hearing the same old excuses from O2 for when things go wrong......

Yes, your data is very important to us and we take great care to ensure we screw you over to maximise our profits......

Fixed it !

he added the bit in bold...

Message 40 of 189