Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning ...Check your My O2!

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

This has been mentioned in another thread but deserves a section of its own I think. @MI5 and myself have noticed a changed to Contact Preferences. Initially I had opted out of Marketing info....today we noticed there is a new layout for the page and suddenly mine have been turned on...Advise everyone to check. Mine looks like this...(or did as I have now turned off everything except Priority) @Toby is currently checking when these changes took place..

Preferences o2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thank you its sorted now slight_smile

@gmarkj wrote:
If it is the page I think it is, on the website log into my o2, click on your device/number, then at the top look for the "more" and an arrow which shows contact preferences.
not sure about for the app...

Message 71 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Apologies, I am late back to this party @Poppysmum The picture I showed was taken directly from my PC when I accessed My O2. I then checked my mobile and it was showing the same. I manually turned them all off except Priority which I AM interested in getting info about.

Just to add  to answer @PhoneDoc. I run one mobile. I bought it sim free unlocked 2 years ago. I have been on a sim only contract FROM O2 directly for the past two years. ..I have frequently helped members, new to the forum, showing them, (via Screenshot or Snip) where to find marketing preferences. Last time I checked 3-4 weeks ago, nothing had changed....today it had.....for many of us.

It is an error down to O2, of that I have no doubt at all..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 189

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Hiya Cleoriff Wave

I have sorted it now thank you .

Always someone about to help me slight_smile

Cleoriff wrote:

Apologies, I am late back to this party @Poppysmum The picture I showed was taken directly from my PC when I accessed My O2. I then checked my mobile and it was showing the same. I manually turned them all off except Priority which I AM interested in getting info about.

Just to add  to answer @PhoneDoc. I run one mobile. I bought it sim free unlocked 2 years ago. I have been on a sim only contract FROM O2 directly for the past two years. ..I have frequently helped members, new to the forum, showing them, (via Screenshot or Snip) where to find marketing preferences. Last time I checked 3-4 weeks ago, nothing had changed....today it had.....for many of us.

It is an error down to O2, of that I have no doubt at all..

Message 73 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good to hear @Poppysmum wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 189

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Thanks I sorted mine out.I noticed when I contacted o2 about an upgrade that the phone service has changed.the menus sound all different now.

Message 75 of 189

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I've just ignored and blocked yet another spam call from 08009524852
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 76 of 189

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Checked mine it's seems ok nothing changed in my conct preferences slight_smile but thanks for the heads up
Message 78 of 189

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Weird......there doesn't seem to be any common factor.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 79 of 189

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Had none today but I've blocked 3-4 already.

'Plugged the leak'?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 80 of 189