cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using O2 SIM card from Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 in iPhone 3GS

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 signed my dad up to a 2 year contract (which he didn't want) on a Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. The quality of the phone is quite frankly crap and he is constantly having problems with it. If I buy him an iPhone 3GS off eBay for example, can I swap the O2 SIM from his phone into the iPhone..? The only downside is that he has a year to go on his contract. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

If you do buy a Iphone 3GS. As the contract is a Non Iphone contract, you will need to change the APN settings on the iphone. Also Visual voicemail and Tethering wont work

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Business)...

The above link is the APN details

If you dont want to be messing about, call o2 and ask to trasnfer the account onto a iphone tariff. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes it will work fine in the 3GS and he can just carry on the contract. Sell the Galaxy as it is his to do with as he wishes.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

be aware of buying off ebay as sometimes iphones are sold then you may end up finding that the phone was either got a block on it or on a different network or not unlocked as on the description then you get all sorts of problems with the seller

Message 3 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

If you do buy a Iphone 3GS. As the contract is a Non Iphone contract, you will need to change the APN settings on the iphone. Also Visual voicemail and Tethering wont work

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Business)...

The above link is the APN details

If you dont want to be messing about, call o2 and ask to trasnfer the account onto a iphone tariff. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the help / advice, it's something that I'll look into...

Message 5 of 5