Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Paul112
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just attempted an early upgrade for the note 7, everything went OK until confirming order then a something went wrong error popped up, payment has been taken. Upgrade customer service said the orders still live and all I need to do is click the link to confirm but I keep getting the same error
Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@psykix wrote:
I gave up with the upgrade and just added a new phone on my account. Contract is up on the other one on 3rd September. The order went through fine. What a palaver though!

It is a palaver @psykix. Particularly as doing it that way for the same phone....allows the order to go through Ridiculous really....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 76

MI5
  • 144294 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@psykix wrote:
I gave up with the upgrade and just added a new phone on my account. Contract is up on the other one on 3rd September. The order went through fine. What a palaver though!

It is a palaver @psykix. Particularly as doing it that way for the same phone....allows the order to go through Ridiculous really....

Don't forget to give notice on your current contract now so you can swap your number number to the new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 76

psykix
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 33 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reminding me!

Message 43 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @kilbysan,

Please feel free to send me a private message and we have a chat about your issues and how best to get them resolved :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 44 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, i've ordered with three, will have my new shiny phone on the 30th, painless and simple ordering process, no hiccpus, no 'something went wrong' messages, no dodgy links that don't work properly.

Trying to cancel my existing order, o2 can't even find my order, does anyone at o2 know what they are doing? i don't think so.......

Message 45 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Glad you are sorted @Anonymous...Sad that O2 have lost a customer though slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 76

MI5
  • 144294 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Make sure you keep chasing them to get your order cancelled or they may try and take payment from your bank.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

i spoke to their webchat, was passed through to 3 different departments by mistake of course.......

None of them could find the order, spoke to someone on the phone, they found the order in under 10 seconds, and it's cancelled. Some things just aren't worth the time and effort....

I don't remember things being this bad at o2, i used to recommend them, heck i've got another sim only contract with o2..... not for long mind you.

Message 48 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I have a sim only contract and I am happy with it and the service I received. It's all down to personal experience though @Anonymous and yours wasn't very good. I see speaking to someone on the phone was the way to go. Obviously beyond live chat on this occasion..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, i hear what you are saying, it's all down to peoples experience, i don't need to contact them for the sim only contract i have, as it just works, but i'll be shopping for a better deal soon anyway.

I don't know if it's a different department or what? but the live chat staff don't have access to the same information as the people on the phone, which isn't great.

This whole situation has left a very bad taste in my mouth, and i don't want to repeat it, i've never had this much difficulty upgrading with o2 before, everything just seems to be getting more complicated and unnecessary. If this situation had been handled better, i wouldn't be here writing this.

Message 50 of 76