cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront Cost Refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some help here.

My son took out a new contract as he has been using a contract under my name until this one has run out. I was assured by O2 that if he took out a new contract they would then merge the contracts and he could continue to use the number he has been using for years.

Long story short O2 made a mistake in doing that and he was advised to return the phone to O2. They refunded the initial month of contract but haven't returned his initial upfront phone cost. They are being very difficult in doing so too. 

Has anyone else experienced something like this? He took the phone out in December and still doesn't have the refund, it's over £100!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about inconsistent Customer service experiences! I'll relay this info to the team, but please do share any other details you have, as the it helps us to improve more quickly.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well @Tobythis week we were told that the account information could not be accessed as the account had been closed, becuase that is what O2 asked for! So during another call on Tuesday my son was assured that a manager would call back. Relucantly he agreed (they have done this before) and as predicted no call back.

How many calls do we have to make? Is there a way to get through to a manager without having to explain the case each and every time? 

We have the reciept from the intial purchase, is it worthwhile going into the shop where it was purchased?

We are really really sick of this now - it's even worse when it was 100% caused by O2!!

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear this. Seeing as you've tried with customer service many times, feel free to send me a private message and we can have a chat about how to resolve this for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 14