cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront Cost Refund

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some help here.

My son took out a new contract as he has been using a contract under my name until this one has run out. I was assured by O2 that if he took out a new contract they would then merge the contracts and he could continue to use the number he has been using for years.

Long story short O2 made a mistake in doing that and he was advised to return the phone to O2. They refunded the initial month of contract but haven't returned his initial upfront phone cost. They are being very difficult in doing so too. 

Has anyone else experienced something like this? He took the phone out in December and still doesn't have the refund, it's over £100!!

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

the contracts won't be merged, the old one would end & the new one would start.

Use the complaints route

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Or google the CEO email address 

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2 are renowned for being slow in refunding money. You can only keep on at customer service, call rather than use live chat. There is also an email address in the complaint link.

How to complain

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

the contracts won't be merged, the old one would end & the new one would start.

Use the complaints route

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Or google the CEO email address 

Message 3 of 14

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Never heard of anyone merging contracts in this manner. It seems u were misinformed. Don't use live chat to resolve the refund, call cs on 202.

Sorry to hear your woes though, fingers crossed it get sorted out asap. Do let us know how this pans out.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

He's called so often it has become a joke.

The latest call they denied recieving the phone and said they couldn't determine the actual upfront cost. It's been really terrible. 

The next route is the complaints email but it shouldn't have gone this far. He has no phone, no contract with O2 now yet they have £109 which they won't give back - how can a business run like that?!?

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

They like to take your money easily but are known for being rather difficult in giving the money back 

Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

A complaint seems your only option then at this stage. This isO2 now, actually trying to get get someone to take ownership of an issue and following it through to resolution is very difficult, not to say stressful and time consuming. Good luck.

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I would speak to CS again and see if you get a more helpful advisor - unfortunately, we find they aren't all willing to help, so keep trying until you find one who will.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

In our experience so far the variation in CS agents has been unbelievable. Some are genuinely very apologetic and have tried to help. Others have totally lied just to get him off the phone. 

They never offered to provide him with a replacement sim or phone or even offer a new contract - very odd behaviour to just close the account and take the phone back. Isn't exactly encouraging to then go and take out a brand new contract with O2.

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144356 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
No, it certainly isn't encouraging at all.
Certainly some more feedback here for @Toby too...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14