Did you mean: 

Upcoming design additions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, how’s your day going?

One of the things we have been working on is a promo image slot that is going to be placed at the top of the forum thread pages soon. We have some options to choose from that I’d like to get your input on before we push any of the configurations live. Cat Happy

You can see illustrative screenshots of the two design options below. We will either have 2 images or just one longer banner displayed. These will be especially for the benefit of new members who are just joining, and to optimise traffic and awareness to different parts of the site. Bear in mind that the images in the screenshots below are just examples and we will be working on the exact content soon.

So I would like to get your views on the following options:

• 2 smaller images or just one elongated image, at the top of the thread pages (see screenshots below)
  • Visible for all users on the forum, or if you have objections (please elaborate), then it can be made visible for only non-logged in users.

Looking forward to seeing your input and which option you prefer seeing. slight_smile

Cheers all and have a great weekend!

Marjo

Design option 1: 2 image links at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Design option 2: one elongated image link at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Nor me, but the gap changes when you zoom in or out with [CTRL] + or [CTRL] - along with the text size until it eventually disappears. Smiley Very Happy

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 41 of 70

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

Nor me, but the gap changes when you zoom in or out with [CTRL] + or [CTRL] - along with the text size until it eventually disappears. Smiley Very Happy

I'm tempted to accept this as the thread's solution tongue_winking

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 42 of 70

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122896 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The size as it is on my laptop is fine. As long as we don't attempt to add anything down the sides ...again..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 70

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@aldaweb wrote:

I'm tempted to accept this as the thread's solution tongue_winking

Feel free  wink

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 44 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't find a suitable alternative thread for thus question so here goes. How do I start a new thread when online in the community using my mobile phone, mobile version?
Gerry
Message 45 of 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The same way as when on laptop/PC ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 46 of 70

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey,

You can look out for the banner image on Monday - let me know when you spot it. slight_smile

@Anonymous Not sure what you mean? As suggested above it should be the same process as on the desktop version, by clicking on the New Topic button.

Message 47 of 70

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous which moile browser?

Message 48 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Hey,

You can look out for the banner image on Monday - let me know when you spot it. slight_smile

@Anonymous Not sure what you mean? As suggested above it should be the same process as on the desktop version, by clicking on the New Topic button.

Thanks @Marjo   As my old Granny's mother used to say "There's none so blind as them that won't open their eyes and look."     When I did take care to read my screen there indeed is a "New Topic" button, so before the usual chorus starts let me be the first to admit users as stupid as me ought not to be allowed (a) to buy mobile phones and (b) to waste everyone's time asking questions I could well answer myself if I took the time to read what is on the screen in front of me.

Off now to wash the remaining egg from my face and splash on some cold water to remove the glow of embarassment.

Gerry

(PS BTW - it does not make sense when you say "As suggested above" as I view messages starting with the most recent, so I would suggest all contributors when referring to what has been said earlier should either give a link or say something like "as   xxxxx said in his message timed at hh:mm on dd/mm/yyyy" .  Over and out.)

Message 49 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

@Anonymous which moile browser?

@aldaweb  - Was my mistake - another senior moment.       Apologies for wasting your time. Smiley Embarassed

Gerry 

Message 50 of 70