Did you mean: 

Upcoming design additions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, how’s your day going?

One of the things we have been working on is a promo image slot that is going to be placed at the top of the forum thread pages soon. We have some options to choose from that I’d like to get your input on before we push any of the configurations live. Cat Happy

You can see illustrative screenshots of the two design options below. We will either have 2 images or just one longer banner displayed. These will be especially for the benefit of new members who are just joining, and to optimise traffic and awareness to different parts of the site. Bear in mind that the images in the screenshots below are just examples and we will be working on the exact content soon.

So I would like to get your views on the following options:

• 2 smaller images or just one elongated image, at the top of the thread pages (see screenshots below)
  • Visible for all users on the forum, or if you have objections (please elaborate), then it can be made visible for only non-logged in users.

Looking forward to seeing your input and which option you prefer seeing. slight_smile

Cheers all and have a great weekend!

Marjo

Design option 1: 2 image links at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Design option 2: one elongated image link at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Have you taken the mobile view into consideration. Whilst it won't be a problem on desktop I'm just wondering on the effect on the phone.

Message 31 of 70

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie Yep, at the moment we'll put it visible on desktop only while we look at how it would perform on mobile. slight_smile

Message 32 of 70

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That's encouraging news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 70

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

A question from a new user, why is there a 25mm gap each side of the main body of the forum page...is it for aesthetics or is there a technical reason ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 35 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beenherebefore wrote:

A question from a new user, why is there a 25mm gap each side of the main body of the forum page...is it for aesthetics or is there a technical reason ?

Well that seems to have stopped them in their tracks, @Beenherebefore .   I would hazard a guess the margins are the inches they give us so we can take a mile. 

More seriously there can be few things more unsightly than a web page that stretches the full width of the screen.

Gerry

Message 36 of 70

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

But the headers and footers do !

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 37 of 70

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

The gap is there as to help the forum adapt to a range of device's sizes. I'll take the observation back to the team though. Sorry for the delay in replying, we had a training day yesterday slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 38 of 70

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Also to add, if it was very wide, the text paragraphs in posts would be stretching from side to side. Might not be too bad with smaller screens but I was looking at this just now on my home PC which has a very big screen compared to my laptop for example, and it would be very uncomfortable to read the posts if it stretched very wide. slight_smile My head would be moving side to side while I read... Spaced

Message 39 of 70

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 40 of 70