Did you mean: 

Upcoming design additions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, how’s your day going?

One of the things we have been working on is a promo image slot that is going to be placed at the top of the forum thread pages soon. We have some options to choose from that I’d like to get your input on before we push any of the configurations live. Cat Happy

You can see illustrative screenshots of the two design options below. We will either have 2 images or just one longer banner displayed. These will be especially for the benefit of new members who are just joining, and to optimise traffic and awareness to different parts of the site. Bear in mind that the images in the screenshots below are just examples and we will be working on the exact content soon.

So I would like to get your views on the following options:

• 2 smaller images or just one elongated image, at the top of the thread pages (see screenshots below)
  • Visible for all users on the forum, or if you have objections (please elaborate), then it can be made visible for only non-logged in users.

Looking forward to seeing your input and which option you prefer seeing. slight_smile

Cheers all and have a great weekend!

Marjo

Design option 1: 2 image links at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Design option 2: one elongated image link at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
If i recall the same was offered this time around but by the time our logins were sorted the forum had already gone live.
Message 21 of 70

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes that's exactly it. When the original forum was changed to Lithium around a dozen regulars were given superuser status to log into the new forum and test all the sections etc passing on any issues or problems back to admin.

The fact that most were ignored is beside the point LOL

*And the fact that most were ignored is beside the point**...Oh how I laughed at that (and still am) LOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 70

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The rank 'superuser' became a dirty word and taken away from us to be replaced with some of the sillier ranks some of us are at times saddled with until we move ever onward and upward...Fear

Message 23 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie  What's a beta edition? Is that a trial ...where someone is selected to trial it?...Smiley Embarassed

@Cleoriff   A beta edition is one that is published to gauge user reaction and find all the faults the designers/programmers failed to find.  It is then fixed and re-issued as a BETTER edition.

Gerry

Message 24 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The rank 'superuser' became a dirty word and taken away from us to be replaced with some of the sillier ranks some of us are at times saddled with until we move ever onward and upward...Fear

And on that point @jonsie  I notice I have now become a "rising star".   Bearing in mind my recently acquired expertise with SatNav I fear "rising star" may be a euphemism for "falling star"

Gerry

Message 25 of 70

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff   A beta edition is one that is published to gauge user reaction and find all the faults the designers/programmers failed to find.  It is then fixed and re-issued as a BETTER edition.

Gerry

At least that's the theory wink

Message 26 of 70

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys,

I hope you had a nice weekend! Thanks for your views on the 2 options. Let me briefly address some of the things discussed...

@Anonymous Yep, it is a smaller change design-wise, but I wanted to pop this thread here to give you a heads-up that the change is coming, and an opportunity to get a peek at 2 options that we are going to decide from. And if some of you are interested, give a chance to let us know your preference. slight_smile

With some of the technical things mentioned e.g. @Cleoriff we'll look into to see what can be done if something isn't already being looked at.

However, as to the engagement side: please keep in mind that everyone has a right to open their own discussion and especially when there is something new launched like last week, there is inevitably going to be more excitement and more threads opened about the same device. I understand that it might create some frustrations amongst some of you and there are many people with many opinions, but it's the nature of a growing forum like ours and these things go up and down. It has not been a problem to manage as the thread count is not huge, but reiterating what Toby mentioned earlier as well, if it becomes so at any point, we will discuss to find a good solution.

Feel free to PM me though at any point if you have any comments/concerns about the community in general. slight_smile

Message 27 of 70

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

Just a quick bump to this thread saying thank you for your input earlier! We are about ready to push this live soon so you'll be spotting the single banner within the next day or so if you hang around the thread pages while not logged in. slight_smile

Cheers

Message 28 of 70

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds reasonable.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking forward to it @Marjo

😀
Message 30 of 70