Did you mean: 

Upcoming design additions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, how’s your day going?

One of the things we have been working on is a promo image slot that is going to be placed at the top of the forum thread pages soon. We have some options to choose from that I’d like to get your input on before we push any of the configurations live. Cat Happy

You can see illustrative screenshots of the two design options below. We will either have 2 images or just one longer banner displayed. These will be especially for the benefit of new members who are just joining, and to optimise traffic and awareness to different parts of the site. Bear in mind that the images in the screenshots below are just examples and we will be working on the exact content soon.

So I would like to get your views on the following options:

• 2 smaller images or just one elongated image, at the top of the thread pages (see screenshots below)
  • Visible for all users on the forum, or if you have objections (please elaborate), then it can be made visible for only non-logged in users.

Looking forward to seeing your input and which option you prefer seeing. slight_smile

Cheers all and have a great weekend!

Marjo

Design option 1: 2 image links at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Design option 2: one elongated image link at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ! I took a screenshot of it, see below - you can see the banner currently pointing to the My O2 app. slight_smile

screenshot.PNG

Message 61 of 70

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous if you are using Adblock type browser add-ons, you won't be able see them

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 62 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Marjo 

If I am logged in to the Community and then log out I am taken to here.  Not sure if this is what was intended ("One of the things we have been working on is a promo image slot that is going to be placed at the top of the forum thread pages ...").  The Banner is at top of the Apps pages!    

Also, as I understood the reasoning the new banner was to have been "especially for the benefit of new members who are just joining,...."     That is somewhat ambiguous as it really does not identify what they are joining - O2 overall or the Community in particular - but whichever it is I doubt if the My O2  App is going to be the most helpful at the early stage of membership.

Sorry if this is all a bit garbled -  a brief read at a few of my messages will tell you I am rather myopic and usually have difficulty seeing "the bigger picture".    

Gerry

Message 63 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous if you are using Adblock type browser add-ons, you won't be able see them

Hi @Beenherebefore    I do use Adblock and I can see the banner.   Seems like my browser is a law unto itself!!!  slight_smile

Gerry

Message 64 of 70

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
If you right click on an advert, you can select to hide it.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 65 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymouswhen I log out I am directed to exactly the same place as you.....

(Certainly not the new banner) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 70

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

PS ....Apologies for late replies...my emails have gone on strike...so am bobbing here there and everywhere..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymouswhen I log out I am directed to exactly the same place as you.....

(Certainly not the new banner) wink

I thought that was the new banner @Cleoriff  - at least it looks like the screen pic @Marjo   posted a few messages back.

Now you have confussed me even more!   Crazy Gerry

Message 68 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Oh Oh...of course it is.....Apologies.... do not be confused. I shall go and hang my head in shame Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh Oh...of course it is.....Apologies.... do not be confused. I shall go and hang my head in shame Smiley Embarassed

Absolutely no need for shame or embarrassment at all @Cleoriff   The person who never made a mistake never made anything!!    It was probably the fact that the image in marjo's message appeared much "slimmer" than the full blown version on screen.     Anyway thanks for clarifying.  Am slightly less confussed now.:smileyhappy: 

Gerry

Message 70 of 70