Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread Posts

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I have to ask this and wonder if there is a way round it...

There are a few threads on here at the moment that I have limited interest in. So I do two things..

1) Mark all posts as read

2) Unsubscribe from Topic

All appears fine for a while. I can then read and participate in those topics that do interest me.

Then suddenly after 30 miinutes or so...these posts start appearing again...

I have worked out that it is when a page is filled with comments and a new page begins.

It's as if Lithium makes a decision on my behalf that suddenly my interest in this topic has been re-ignited!

Surely if I unsubscribe from a topic, it is up to ME if I wish to subscribe again?

At the moment I am spending a lot of time going back and repeatedly Marking All Posts as Read

A waste of my valuable time in all honesty.

Is there anything else I can do to stop this annoying 'glitch'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I would add to that another query.

Why in the Unread Post listing can't I click on the unread post I want to read and go straight to it in the thread rather than click on the thread title or the page number then navigate to the post I want to read.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 2 of 37

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I don't think there is.
If you remember a while back I asked if certain boards could be excluded from view by user choice. Your issue was part of the reason for that request.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 37

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

I would add to that another query.

Why in the Unread Post listing can't I click on the unread post I want to read and go straight to it in the thread rather than click on the thread title or the page number then navigate to the post I want to read.

I think that by clicking any new post in a thread takes you to the first unread post, but I also think I remember seeing a setting where you could change that action somewhere........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I don't think there is.
If you remember a while back I asked if certain boards could be excluded from view by user choice. Your issue was part of the reason for that request.....

Then I am sorry but this needs to be looked at. I object to Lithium deciding that after a page full of posts I will want to read the new page! .....I don't...

Surely 'unsubscribe from a thread' means just that...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 37

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Beenherebefore  My Settings >Preferences >Linear Layout.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 37

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Selected that so I'll see what happens.

Message 7 of 37

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Selected that so I'll see what happens.

Cheers !!....that did it.....now solve the username data or lack of it and I'll buy you a virtual bottle of 2012 Petrus Merlot >>>> http://www.bbr.com/producer-400-petrus

Message 8 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

So pleased your issue has been resolved @Beenherebefore ....I may have to wait till tomorrow for @Toby 

to answer/resolve mine wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 37

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cleoriff, it's late, so sorry if I'm misinterpreting you. When you unsubscribe from a topic you don't remove it from Unread Posts - you stop yourself from getting email notifications regarding that topic. There's a setting that automatically subscribes you to topics you post in, so if you post in that topic again you might be resubscribed. I've had a look at your settings and you're set up like this. If you can't find the setting let me know and I'll uncheck it.

Unfortunately there's no way to remove specific topics from the general Unread Posts page if you aren't interested in them. That page will start to repopulate itself with topics you've marked as read if new posts appear in those topics but you can mitigate this somewhat by switching to the Discussions tab from the Posts tab. (This is found just above the list of posts.)

My apologies if I misunderstood your query. slight_smile
Message 10 of 37