Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread Posts

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I have to ask this and wonder if there is a way round it...

There are a few threads on here at the moment that I have limited interest in. So I do two things..

1) Mark all posts as read

2) Unsubscribe from Topic

All appears fine for a while. I can then read and participate in those topics that do interest me.

Then suddenly after 30 miinutes or so...these posts start appearing again...

I have worked out that it is when a page is filled with comments and a new page begins.

It's as if Lithium makes a decision on my behalf that suddenly my interest in this topic has been re-ignited!

Surely if I unsubscribe from a topic, it is up to ME if I wish to subscribe again?

At the moment I am spending a lot of time going back and repeatedly Marking All Posts as Read

A waste of my valuable time in all honesty.

Is there anything else I can do to stop this annoying 'glitch'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I was writing my reply when he replied and checking if the functionality was available on the other Lithium forums that I visit, hence the slight delay, which unfortunately it isn't slight_frown

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 31 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

I was writing my reply when he replied and checking if the functionality was available on the other Lithium forums that I visit, hence the slight delay, which unfortunately it isn't slight_frown

Perhaps time for THIS Forum to lead the way then @aldaweb ...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MichaelLJust an update on your suggestion that opening the Discussion tab (as opposed to the Post tab) would help with this issue.

It doesn't really help at all. Yes it does decrease the number of posts shown, However it shows only the opening post, which means if you have a thread of 10+ pages you have to spend time getting to the actual post you MAY want to read....

Also I still maintain the 'Mark Topic as read' is a total misnomer. You are never marking the topic as read...you are simply marking that page of the Topic as read....once a further 20 more replies have been posted ...up it pops again

Having read suggestions from others, I honestly think we need an Ignore Topic selection....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 37

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I always go straight to the discussion tab anyway, but you still have to open a discussion to be able to mark it read,  and as @Cleoriff says that's only good until a new post is added when the topic gets added to the list once again.

If it's possible to add an 'ignore thread' to the drop down menu or as an alternative to be able to mark the thread as read from the list of discussions, that would make things better. slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 34 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone else reckon since 02 take over customer service and network are pathetic i seriously considering finding another provider having been 02 customer for 12 years

Message 35 of 37

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Which take over?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Service is that bad, news pages won't load lol
Message 37 of 37