cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised account with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
July 27th 2015 I bought an iPhone from Carphone Warehouse online on a 24 month contract with O2 , using my Barclays current account, happy and all fine.... Forward to 9th December 2015 I arrive home and there was delivery of an IPhone same model as one I bought in July , the invoice said Carphone warehouse on it so I phoned to ask why on earth they'd sent a phone , and they said they hadn't and the only phone they'd sent was the one in July 2015 ,, I left the phone unopened , a few weeks later I received an email from O2 saying Thankyou for joining O2 and my next step was to activate the phone and money would start being taken from my account on a certain date .. I phoned 02 to tell them that I had not prefers or paid for this second phone and didn't know where it had come from as CPW had said it wasn't from them . O2 said it definitely was , I made phone call after phone call to both O2 and CPW over weeks and weeks , eventually CPW said it was their error and apologised after taking the complaint higher , they said they'd arrange for phone to be collected and that would be the end of it ..... I then had demands from O2 for non payments of dd , I had to go through the whole story again .. It all went quiet until a few weeks ago I had a letter from Lowells demanding £556 !! ... I explained situation they said they'll give me 30 days to investigate ,, they sent a letter saying that I'm liable as all the details eg my address , bank details match to the O2 account, which of course they would , and that my credit rating is affected and I will pay more costs of I don't start paying... What the hell do I do ?? I can prove by my bank statements there was no second purchase fur a phone other than that where do u stand against Lowells in proving I never opened a second account ????
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the endCPW accepted it was an error, apologised , and would cancel any money owing and arrange a courier yo pick up the phone , neither happened
Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous it really seems as if there has been a major mistake made on your account. You need to put in a complaint following this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would also Google 'CEO O2' and email his office with a contact number. But this needs sorting now as getting O2 to remove the marker on your credit file is anything but easy. Keep a record of all calls made and the names of people you have spoken to.

Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

What a horror story! If they've admitted the error, CPW needs to take the responsibility for this and help the OP resolve this. Why are they not doing that?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'll tag @Toby too who can help put you in touch with the correct people to sort this out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Did they actually collect the phone? If so, have you got a receipt for it?

Anyway a complete nightmare, CPW needs a kick up the backside. Do as suggested and look up the CEO of O2 and email his office.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume the fraud team would need to be involved 

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou for helping,, No the phone still hasn't been picked up !!! It's still in its sellophane ! All that came with it was a CPW invoice as I said ,, I waited and waited for it to be picked up eventually phoned them again and had to go through the story again!! And stil not picked up......,
Thankyou everyone I will have to go higher abd use the links you have given me ,, it occurs to me though that CPW did not protect me data to allow this to happen
thanks again
Message 8 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community. I'm Toby, the Community Head. what was the last thing CPW said to you?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phone never picked up,, there was an invoice with it and cost of £59.99 paid ,,, I checked with bank no money taken, as I said phoned can CPW and they said invoice number doesn't match their records and only phone bought by me was the one in July, O2 adamant I bought it as account , address etc matches my legitimate one I took out in July
Thankyou btw
Message 10 of 13