cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLIMITED o2 texts and calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

where did o2 get UNLIMITED from??? i just checked my tariff & it shows how many texts & minutes i have left to use... thats not UNLIMITED! thats LIMITED!! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Which contract are you on my friend?

Even unlimited is subject to a fair use policy if I started slamming txts from my phone and sent a few thousand if expect a call asking if everything was ok haha.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 16

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Unlimited is a euphinism for an unspecified maximum.

Texts sit around 5000 as a theorotical limit.

Data is between 2-4Gb. Although I can find nothing to confirm this.

MMS and Video calls are included in the data allowance usually.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I'm aware mms is separate and chargeable per message it is not included in data 

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I always thought Unlimited was 11,000. At least it used to be.

Message 5 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Differing amounts for P&G and monthly.

Figures stated through the community say 3000 texts P&G and 12000 texts pay monthly.

Message 6 of 16

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

At the end of the day, why not just say the maximum amount then people will know where they stand and perhaps some sort of tally app. so you can manage your texts. If you are somehow able to use your limit, you really need a life.

Message 7 of 16

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Currently I am on Pay Monthly and have 20 MMS messages per month for free although this limit may have changed with newer tariffs. So that's £5 worth of MMS messages as they would normally cost 25p each. Using e-mail is more effective in this day and age anyway. My mail application allows me to send up to 1.2MB images rather than the standard 300K size.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2's unlimited policy is that it is unlimited, providing that a) you're using it as a regular phone and not spam texting for example, and b) you're not using it to the extent that it causes other users not to be able to get access to the service.  Assuming that you're not doing either they very rarely step in.

Message 9 of 16

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Yes, it's better to use email for sending MMS now-it's included in your data allowance. I used to send MMs as text before O2 et al changed it, because I object strongly to being charged extra for MMS when on unlimited SMS, it's just a pain having to let friends know when there's an MMS email.
Message 10 of 16